Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I have a halon extinguisher mounted in back but this thread got me nervous about having to run back there and also having stuff rolling around :lol:, wasting precious seconds in an emergency. I'm going to move it up front under the seat and got one of the cheapest quick release solutions I could find. I have the quick fist strap now but it's a pain to pull/release the strap. This is a pull-spring release.

Saw one on eBay used for a fraction in case anyone is looking for an alternate option to the old clasp style. drake off road fire extinguisher mount

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I spent much more for a CO2 extinguisher that is mounted in the rear. Less clean-up if I ever need to use it. Also I have a small one up front that is dry chemical and 1 that is Halon. That one was removed from an aircraft.
Be very careful with the Halon Gas Extinguisher. It's a non reactive gas, but is deadly to breathe in. Would work best used to spray into closed locations such as the cab. Experience: U.S. Navy. We use them in work spaces on ships and if they ever go off the work spaces cannot be entered for many hours until properly detoxed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Halon is best if you can afford it. Rugged, no chemical cleanup.

Link

Link

Link

Link
No chemical cleanup, but toxic to breathe in. After using the Halon Extinguisher you should vacate the vehicle and let it air out for a few hours. Experience: U.S. Navy. We use them in our workspaces and after they go off we have to evacuate the workspaces until the gas is cleared out completely.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts