Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I am starting to get a little sad, first Santa, then the Easter bunny and now affordable FJ (and please dont mention the "Yoga Edition") :(

now if it was a diesel .....

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Model
- 2005 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON U Pkg.......................$28,465.00

modify
Colors
- Primary: Light Khaki Metallic Clear Coat
- Interior: Khaki
modify
Power
- 4.0-Liter Power Tech I-6 Engine
- 4:1 Rock-Trac Part-Time 4WD System
- Heavy Duty Dana 44 Rear Axle
- 4.11 Axle Ratio
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission

modify
Options
- Premium Cloth High-Back Bucket Seats
- LT245/75R16E BSW 31" MT/R Tires
- 16" x 8.0" "MOAB" Silver Wheels
- Dark Khaki Soft Top Included
- 7 Speakers with Subwoofer and Tweeters
- AM/FM Stereo with CD Player and CD Changer Controls
- Air Conditioning
- Front Floor Mats
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- 2 Front Tow Hooks and 1 Rear Tow Hook
- Full Metal Door with Roll-Up Windows
- Sahara Edition Group...................................................... $1,400.00

modify
Accessories
- Wrangler Off-Road Package 05..........................................$2,727.00

.............................................................................................$32,592

I never buy a jeep but I bet pricing will be very close. Yes the yota is a much better value and ride ,,,,,,it is slowly pricing me out of the market ,at least untill I teach myself IT like the rest of you money bags

·
Registered
163 Posts
Pricing will probably be between the Rav and 4runner. Rav base price is listed as 20 - 22K. 4Runner base price listed between 27 and 34. I bet the 2 wheel comes in at 24 and the 4 wheel base prices are 26.5 and 29.5.
When I first started researching I was told by a Toyota manager that pricing would be three tier - 25, 27 and 29. ( gotta take that for what it is worth.) The real question is can you get one without having to pay extra for low supply and high demand (market price). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have to imagine they'll price the 4x4 versions along the line of the Xterra Off-Road ($27k) and the H3 Adventure Pack ($31k). Probably a little cheaper without options (figure $25-26k for the base optionless 4x4). Probably push $30 with the UP#2 and a couple options. All in all probably a better deal than the Xterra and H3. I can't imagine that it's going to cost more than an Xterra considering it's smaller and less powerful. Toyota would be stupid to try to compete by being more expensive.

- LC

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I think we read too much into that...

It said that it COULD be considerably higher. Of course, we knew that already. If you add the ARB, the Donohoe Coil Overs, the 4-link rear upgrade, the rear bumper with jerry can/spare carrier... of course, it's going to be considerably higher.

I'm hoping that mine won't be. At least not at first.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Percy said:
I think we read too much into that...

It said that it COULD be considerably higher. Of course, we knew that already. If you add the ARB, the Donohoe Coil Overs, the 4-link rear upgrade, the rear bumper with jerry can/spare carrier... of course, it's going to be considerably higher.

I'm hoping that mine won't be. At least not at first.
I agree. A fully loaded 2006 Xterra Off-Road 4x4 5-spd Automatic only barely pushes $30k. That's with every (resonable) option available. I really don't believe Toyota would price a similarly optioned (CU, UP#2, roof rack with lights, XM, etc.) 4x4 5-spd Automatic FJC more than that. If they did then I would seriously consider the Xterra instead since it's larger and can actually sleep people in it.

- LC

·
Registered
56 Posts
You guys are gonna hate me. But I still want the $40k version of the FJ.

Give me leather. Give me NAV. But still give me a damn tough truck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lost Cosmonaut said:
I agree. A fully loaded 2006 Xterra Off-Road 4x4 5-spd Automatic only barely pushes $30k. That's with every (resonable) option available. I really don't believe Toyota would price a similarly optioned (CU, UP#2, roof rack with lights, XM, etc.) 4x4 5-spd Automatic FJC more than that. If they did then I would seriously consider the Xterra instead since it's larger and can actually sleep people in it.

- LC

I actually talked to a few xterra dealers. You can get that same exact truck for around 26k out if you deal

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks like the game is over. I will not pay anything over $25k for a raw vehicle. One can get a 4x4 Xterra for $23k! Sorry toyota but 1999 is over....

·
Registered
124 Posts
elemint said:
Looks like the game is over. I will not pay anything over $25k for a raw vehicle. One can get a 4x4 Xterra for $23k! Sorry toyota but 1999 is over....

Im---with you on that--just waiting for the $ signs------base 4x4 over 24K and I'm out!-------don't buy into too much hype!

·
Registered
99 Posts
seems to me like many of you are driving yourselves crazy over pricing speculation. it's just that, speculation! take a deep breath...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
john.com said:
seems to me like many of you are driving yourselves crazy over pricing speculation. it's just that, speculation! take a deep breath...
I agree. We have seen prices all over the board but nothing official yet. I'm not jumping ship until there is good reason to do so. Needless to say, I have been checking into XTerra though, but something tells me that Toyota isn't going to let me down by over pricing the FJC

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree about prices. I have looked closely at Xterra's and you can buy a decked out off road edition with side airbags for under $26k. Its ready to tow also, and of course has four normal doors. I REALLY hope Toyota does not pull a Tacoma and price this vehicle at more than $30k for how many people will want it.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Might have to wait for this

·
Registered
644 Posts
I might invest in some stocks hardcore...and then sell em all in March-July so I can afford my FJ, lol. Anyone have any tips or advice for investing? Someone currently an invester who could shed some light? Oh, and I don't care what the damn thing costs...it's all a matter of what you really want. You people jumping ship for 2-3k will be kicking yourselves in the nads when the rest of us have mud-covered FJ's and mud-covered smiles.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
fletcher said:
You guys are gonna hate me. But I still want the $40k version of the FJ.

Give me leather. Give me NAV. But still give me a damn tough truck.

NEWSFLASH!!!
Toyota already has one of those. its called the 4runner!

seriously though, just wait a few years, soon it will be like the landcruiser and none of us will be able to afford it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts