Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I was recently car jacked by gun point in Newark NJ, buy a young guy posing as a mentally challenged guy needing directions. Long story short he took my car and some money. My car was found minutes after parked around the corner from where the incident happened. Guy was caught a few days ago. There was nothing missing nor any damaged to my car. Besides a ton of the powder detectives use for finger prints. I will get my truck detailed. What I do need is help with having my locks changed all around. They didnt recover any keys. So they could be anywhere. Anyone know of a good lock smith not tooo pricey in the Northern NJ area?

·
Registered
449 Posts
THats too bad your truck got stolen . . glad you got it back!! :ninja:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
That sucks, but glad you’re ok. Will insurance cover it? If so, take it to the dealer.

The car jacker deserves to be shot. Yes, shot. He’ll do it again and again, and probably end up mugging somebody’s wife, sister, mom… What a dirtbag.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I think the keys have chips in them. Might try ebay for cheaper keys and then see if toyota can look up key cut number.

·
fka rsidey
926 Posts
Never stop for tards.....that's my motto.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I don't think NJ would allow that......
:lol::lol:

No--N.J. is not "weapon freindly" at all--Without a permit, you can't even buy ammo in the state--You're only allowed a firearm in your home--

Now I don't think there's a law specifically related to attaching a perp to your tow hitch...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
:lol::lol:

No--N.J. is not "weapon freindly" at all--Without a permit, you can't even buy ammo in the state--You're only allowed a firearm in your home--

Now I don't think there's a law specifically related to attaching a perp to your tow hitch...
Good God, we can buy at any Wal-Mart down here. I remember my dad buying a rifle and a box of ammo at the SafeWay grocery story when I was a kid.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Glad you got the FJ back. This is my fear with driving my FJ to Mexico everyday on my commute. Unfortunately you're not allowed to carry a gun into Mexico to use for protection. I'm thinking about getting a beater car for my daily driver so I don't have to worry as much about being jacked. I'm also looking to find another job so I don't have to commute into Mexico!

:bandit:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Glad you got the FJ back. This is my fear with driving my FJ to Mexico everyday on my commute. Unfortunately you're not allowed to carry a gun into Mexico to use for protection. I'm thinking about getting a beater car for my daily driver so I don't have to worry as much about being jacked. I'm also looking to find another job so I don't have to commute into Mexico!

:bandit:
I always wondered about that because I know for a fact they (Mexico) allows hunting. I have seen some awesome game pics. So even with U.S. CHL carry is permitted down south? How do the hunters get their rifles across the border, ship?

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
DO NOT get caught trying to cross the border with a weapon. You will go to jail, IN MEXICO and from what I understand, that is NO FUN.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
DO NOT get caught trying to cross the border with a weapon. You will go to jail, IN MEXICO and from what I understand, that is NO FUN.
I would never even think about trying but that still doesn't answer my question about hunting.

double edit: thank you wiki

this following only applies to Mexico citizens
"Permits for the transportation and use of such non-military caliber firearms are issued for one year terms by SEDENA (Secretaría de la Defensa Nacional) and may be applied for up to 10 firearms, total, for each designated and planned use that is legally authorized. These uses may include hunting or shooting at a club or national competition. Permits are very easy to obtain, but may be only obtained by citizens belonging to a shooting club."

U.S. citizens
The US Department of State warns US citizens against taking any firearm or ammunition into Mexico without prior written authorization from the Mexican authorities. Entering Mexico with a firearm, or even a single round of ammunition, carries a penalty of up to five years in prison, even if the firearm or ammunition is taken into the country unintentionally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Mexico

sorry for the derail

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the guy was caught, He also stole my cell phone, which i had "family tracker" So the past few days me and the detectives were following his every move thru gps online. Hope he gets like 15-20 yrs. He was 20 yrs old. These kids play to much Grand Theft Auto.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I don't think NJ would allow that......
x2 move to Louisiana or Texas, you can shoot them here. :)

Honestly though, look on the bright side, there was no damage done to the vehicle, it wasn't stripped, and just some cash was stolen. You are very, very lucky.

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Yes the guy was caught, He also stole my cell phone, which i had "family tracker" So the past few days me and the detectives were following his every move thru gps online. Hope he gets like 15-20 yrs. He was 20 yrs old. These kids play to much Grand Theft Auto.
Not only is he a freakin thief but his isn't very bright. Just glad you walked away from it with only your truck missing for a few days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts