Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but I have a Waeco Car Kettle (pics attached) and i want to be able to use it while camping outside the car, I got this 12V DC Adapter from Radioshack (Part#: 270-1527)(pics attached as well) my question is if i connect this adapter direct to the battery and then connect the kettle to it would that be OK? My concern is that this adapter is rated at 10 amps fuse and I guess that the kettle will use more than this (it's mentioned in the manual to use it with at least 20 amps fuse). If i can't use this adapter what other option can I do to connect the kettle direct to the battery without blowing anything. I tried to look for another adapter with higher fuse amps but with no luck the max is 10 amps. By the way the wire is 16 gauge for the 12V adapter. Any suggestion and help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It looks as though your kettle may already have an in-line fuse in the 12v plug. If that's the case, buy a non-fused batery adapter and hook 'er up. Tim

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Timbo2 for the reply. But i appreciate if you can clarify more or give me more details as i'm really new to these electrical things.

thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts