Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Germany/ Italy, I am near to buy a imported FJ cruiser here in Germany. It was auctioned and bought by a german dealer, imported legalized etc. https://www.emiratesauction.com/en/C...x?randid=50651

VIN jtebu11f6dk150271

I asked Toyota.ae for some help but no reply....maybe someone could Check the vin for me

The FJ has a Manual trans and is the base model which i prefer, But i have no clue where it is comming from and who put it on auction. No service report available etc. The car looks good, but still sandy. What do you think is this a rental car or a leasing daily driver ? Look not as a personal car. It doesent look like a desert racer either. The price will be 28.000 eur which is ok i think seeing the 30 % vat7tax , shipment etc. A new FJ is 48.000 euro here.

Are these often Rental Cars or does anyone has an idea how all the fjs are are Used. I know YouTube Videos about Dune jumping.....
Reply would be highly appreciate. I like Abu Dhabi and like to come again fpr some desert camping

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,707 Posts
You'll need a contact in UAE for this, the VIN doesn't work in the US VIN decoders and if it did all that would tell you is the vehicle info not the service history or how the vehicle has been used.

You are unlikely to find any info like this from the selling dealer, even if they know how it has been used they are unlikely to share. If you're buying it without seeing it then you are gambling and get what you get, if you are seeing it first then you need to be sure to inspect it carefully.

As I've said in your previous posts if you buy an imported car you will know little about it unless you find someone to inspect it at country of first registration. The folks here could help you with that if you were buying a US car like I did but from the UAE there are only a couple of members who may not be close enough to help and if it is already with a dealer in Europe you will find no info. Check the legal rights of purchase so you are covered if it is damaged etc and that is not declared by the vendor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, yes i know that but i thought some uae members are activ here. Anyway i buy from a Dealer incl 1 year guarantee for major parts in Germany.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts