Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I saw that @iski77 runs Carfax on FJ’s from Jimmy Buffett’s Buyer’s Guide. Does anyone else run these as well? I have a potential FJ I’m going to buy and needed a quick last minute Carfax before I take a look at it.

Thanks again for the help, this forum is great!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hi there,

I saw that @iski77 runs Carfax on FJ’s from Jimmy Buffett’s Buyer’s Guide. Does anyone else run these as well? I have a potential FJ I’m going to buy and needed a quick last minute Carfax before I take a look at it.

Thanks again for the help, this forum is great!
Carfax is a joke. If it says it has accident history, it probably does. But if it doesnt say so, it could just as easily. We rebuilt vehicles at work for the past 10 years that have been total losses with clean carfax. Dont waste your money, buy it if it's what you want.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know some members here can run it for free, so that price works if possible.

I’ve seen a lot of cars with minor parking lot damage that got reported as T-bone side damage or something else ridiculous.

It seems like there is a lot of over reporting or under reporting, but it’s better than nothing when buying a car.

Take it with a grain of salt!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
I paid for 3 Carfax reports while I was shopping for my FJ, only used one of the reports before purchasing my 2010 TTSE. Send me a PM with a VIN and I'll happily donate one of the remaining reports.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts