Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From all the FJ pictures, it seems like the cargo net is fasten to the side knobs to secure in its place. However, I have the subwoofer in the back therefore; the right side of the knobs are not accessible. I don’t want to buy the cargo net and then couldn’t put it up, can anyone help?

·
Registered
489 Posts
It doesn't work since the factory net attaches to the anchor points behind the sub. You might be able to rig something up yourself, though (folks on here are quite ingenious).

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have the sub-woofer but went ahead and ordered the cargo net anyway thinking I could find a way to install it. It was easier than I thought. I installed the net near the seats. You can hook it up on the bottom and use the headrests for the top. For my needs it works great and I like where the net is positioned.

:rocker:

·
Registered
671 Posts
That is exactly how I did mine! Good Stuff!.:cheers:

I have the sub-woofer but went ahead and ordered the cargo net anyway thinking I could find a way to install it. It was easier than I thought. I installed the net near the seats. You can hook it up on the bottom and use the headrests for the top. For my needs it works great and I like where the net is positioned.

·
Registered
229 Posts

I did mine the same way. There is a thread floating around where a guy took the sub out, attached the net per instructions, and then put the sub back in with part of the cargo net stretched over it. He said that it worked fine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Cargo net installation with subwoofer

Cargo Net Installation with Subwoofer using a Toyota 4Runner Hardware Kit

This method uses the stock FJ Cruiser cargo net, and two cargo net clips from a 4Runner, Toyota Part Number PT347-35991-HK ($4). I used this method in my 99 4Runner. It's clean and it works.

1) Pull back the rear door seal about 0.5", and locate the black edge of plastic panel. Pull back the black plastic panel about 2", enough to get your hand behind. There are 3 clips down the side that will pop out.

2) Using a 7/32 drill bit, carefully hand drill 1 hole, 1.5" down and 1.0" towards the front of the black panel. Don't position the clip too far to the rear, or it will hit the rear door when it closes.

3) Using needle nose pliers, position the screw behind the panel, and feed the screw through the hole. Screw on the cargo net clip until it's tight. Be careful not to drop the screw. This kit was designed to mount this way on a 4Runner.

4) Carefully position the black panel back into place until all 3 clips pop back in. Press the door seal back into place. Repeat for the other side.

5) Since the FJ cargo net has very long elastics, just tie one knot in each elastic to shorten the length. The fit is perfect, and identical to the 4Runner installation.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here are some photos of the 4Runner Cargo Net Hardware Kit ($4), Toyota Part Number PT347-35991-HK.

If I did this again, I would probably mount this a little bit lower to keep the top net line horizontal, and maybe a bit closer to the front, but it's the same height as the stock hooks, so that's what the stock net probably looks like.

Just make sure it's mounted far enough forward so that the rear door does not bump it when the door closes. I have 1/2" clearance from the back door. It's very secure. Also mount the hook so that it's vertical, not horizontal to avoid touching the door.

Note the knot in each side of the elastic to take up the extra slack, because this is a shorter mount.

I had though of using the white cap above, which has a 10mm square hole in the metal, but that looked like a more difficult solution using this hardware, but that's another place to try. Anyone know what that cap is for?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks for sharing it!! I have the woofer and bought the net from e-bay. When I realized that I could not install it at the rear, it's been sitting in my garage for the past six month.

But Now it is in the back of my rear seat and I love it!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I too faced the cargo net / subwoofer kerkuffle, but took a different tact. I mounted it on the driver side using a combination of the floor rings, wall hooks, and headrest rail. This configuration works great and is in a perfect spot to secure my laptop bag for the ride to work everyday.

[/IMG]

Buck
Atlanta

·
Registered
91 Posts
I too faced the cargo net / subwoofer kerkuffle, but took a different tact. I mounted it on the driver side using a combination of the floor rings, wall hooks, and headrest rail. This configuration works great and is in a perfect spot to secure my laptop bag for the ride to work everyday.

[/IMG]

Buck
Atlanta
What is that you have attached to the seat backs?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts

nice! Doing this now. Have had the cargo net on my kitchen countertop for 6 mos

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
I've had this worthless cargo net in my garage for years. Now it actually might be useful. Thanks for the idea. :bigthumb:

Need to get a third Springtail hook for the middle. :thinkerg:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Here's my install. This is not the Toyota OEM net, but rather generic one from the local shop. Tried doing it JOHNYCQUE's way but it was too narrow.

So this is what i've done, doesnt exactly look pretty, but things dont slide around there anymore on corners which pisses me off

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.