Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am "tinkled", A tom cat pee'd in the back of my FJ yesterday. Not a little, a lot...I thought I did a good job cleaning it but I found out this morning I did a "tinkle" poor job. How do I get rid of the smell?

thanks,

"Tinkled" off FJ driver.

G

·
White vinegar will work sometimes also. Two parts water, one part vinegar. You will have to live with the vinegar smell a few days but it should take care of it. You can also go over it with a black light and it will show up if you missed a spot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i do not think it got under the mat, i think it is in the crack though.....i think i will try all of the above.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Step 1: Bury cat up to neck in ground.
Step 2: Run over with lawn mower.
Step 3: Drink beer.
Step 4: Remove entire floor liner and all insulation.
Step 5: Scrub floor liner thoroughly with a product like Simple Green. Repeat until no smell. Dry.
Step 6: If insulation is contaminated, replace it. Sorry, no way around it really.
Step 7: Make sure seats are not contaminated. If so, repost for further info on cleaning.
Step 8: If floor mats are contaminated (surely they are) replace them if they are carpet, or wash several times with something like Simple Green if they are rubber.

Once that cat juice soaks into something absorbant, the only permanent fix I have found (I've lived in many previously 'tinkled' apartments) is to replace the contaminated material. Carpet and padding never really come clean. Upholstry sometimes can be salvaged, but it isn't easy at all. It requires steam cleaning and extraction, and even that does not work well.

I love cats, but I can't eat a whole one.

-FJ Florida-

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Shoot the cat!!! ............:bigthumb:
:rofl: :lol:

Ditto. First step.
No way man. My lawn mower cat mod is the ultimate cat mod. You might say it's "The cat's @$$" as the saying goes.

Now, slowly strip that FJ down and clean the cat juice out of anything non-absorbant and replace what did absorb it. Don't forget to seriously clean the metal under the floor liner.

-FJ Florida-

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
not a household pet....it is/was a stray.

I live in the city and I do not have a suppressor for my XD.

He was going for a ride in an animal trap/cage. the 'tinkle' (sorry-fixed) was mainly in the rubber mat in the boot, but i think some it escaped to the side of the floor mat under the rubber mat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts