Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger and got my FJ earlier this year. Before the summer is over with I'm take her off-road. I know I've see previously a website that catalogues a list of trails in the U.S. by location, difficulty, etc.; however, getting too many false-positive results when I do a Google search. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
You may find this useful for Colorado/Utah.

Because of this site found my way to some really nice trails that otherwise would not have known about

TrailDamage.com

Thanks Trail Damage
^^^X2 trail damage rules. There also good hard copy reference books but they are typically by state or region... Also the state atlas/gazetteers are great for blazing your own trails..Google earth too.

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Your best bet is to find the regional FJ (or Jeep) forum that covers your area, and then ask the locals. There are books (FunTreks) or websites (Traildamage) that cover dense offroading areas like Colorado, Utah and California. But if you live somewhere that doesn't have a lot of trails then you'll have the most luck asking other people near you who already go offroading regularly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Try app: EveryTrail. I found a local place I didnt know existed using it.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone know if all the trails posted on the "every trail" app are legal to access and wheel the land? Check out the waxacreek trail in tx 75119, 50 mile radius, off roading. Tell me what you think. Should I go wheel there or what?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
639 Posts
Find a local or regional group. I can tell you all about trails in Arizona because that's where I live and where I wheel 99% of the time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok I'm in the Dallas tx area. Im a firefighter for a city and can risk a trespassing ticket or any offense from someone just trail blazing with out permission and them
Posting it as a trail.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Its just amazing to go on mountains tracks without any aid. Its becoming popular and people like this to do even they have to pay for it. Mostly people buy their own FJ Cruisers because hiring a FJ is very costly in Summer. Even some people are addicted to it and they go every year and drive on thriller mountain tracks. They put their life in danger only for fun.

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Find a local or regional group. I can tell you all about trails in Arizona because that's where I live and where I wheel 99% of the time.
^This......the best trails here (at least) are not relatively well known. Locals are your best bet.

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Ok I'm in the Dallas tx area. Im a firefighter for a city and can risk a trespassing ticket or any offense from someone just trail blazing with out permission and them
Posting it as a trail.

What they said below.

^This......the best trails here (at least) are not relatively well known. Locals are your best bet.
Exactly. Plenty of folks in the Dallas area wheel on a regular basis. Check out the Texas forum for dates or swing by the TTR even that Wilson has posted about their upcoming club meeting.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I don't know about other states, but I got a map from the U.S. Forest Service that shows every trail, road, and just about every thing else in the area where I ride around here in Arkansas. The name of the map is : Motor Vehicle Use Map...try this address: US Forest Service - Caring for the land and serving people.

It has been a good one for me!!!:cheers:
Jax':wave:

·
Registered
497 Posts
if your unsure about a trails legality...don't run it. just cause someone ran it in the past and took a gps track doesn't mean that its open or public. join a local experienced club and wheel with them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts