Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh, it was on! well, almost... I had to bite my freakin' tongue.... :D

***note: my bright SF FJ was parked right in front of the store***

I had just walked into Safeway with the hubby and stopped with our shopping cart near the doorway while he went to the bathroom...
these 2 little snickety, prissy chicks stopped about 5 feet in front of me :flame:

Girl A: "Oh, I've been looking at those FJ Cruisers"
Girl B: "oh yeah?"
Girl A: "Yeah. But all they are is just a glorified Element, but twice the cost"
Girl B: (laughs) "well, I guess some idiot around here likes to throw their money away"

:flame: oh, there I was, about ready to say something, anything, but I knew that if I opened my mouth, it wasn't gonna be pretty... all I wanted to do was knock their blocks off- I knew my military LE training was gonna pay off! :D
hubby came back from the bathroom and I told him what those little biatches said.... after I cooled down and we were checking out, he then asked me, jokingly, "so when do you wanna wash your glorified Element?" :rofl: he's lucky we have a nice, cushy couch ;)

·
Premium Member
7,062 Posts
I think it's kind of funny when people compare my FJ to other vehicles. Hummers, Elements, whatever.

I tell them this after many months of practice:
Them: "It's like a Hummer/Element/whatever, isn't it?"
Me: "No. The FJ has style without the stigma."

Get in, crank it over, drive away. Simple.

M

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol:

Some people just don't understand. Great story!
yeah, after we got back home, I started to feel sorry for those ignorant girls... and my belittled FJ :rofl:
it was almost like I was in one of the hidden camera "what would you do?" shows with John Quinones on tv... :D

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Ignorance runs rampant.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I try to get my hummer buddies to go and play at the cliff's but so far their all no show! Remember ignorance is bliss. TOGA

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
I thought it was an H .5
heheh whatever happened to those stickers. I thought they would be fully accepted around here. lol

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I think I speak for the majority here when I say you need to go back there and try to actually START the catfight, and it should be filmed.
:thinkerg:Maybe in the rain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My neighbor said it looked like a little Hummer. Up close I dont see a resemblence. I had an H2 owner ask me how I liked my FJ. I told her that I loved it and it was great off road. She has never taken the Hummer off road, but she liked the FJ's looks. I always wanted a H1 or H2 until the FJ.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had the opportunity to drive an H2 a couple years ago as the designated driver ferrying a few new year's reveler's from a young millionaire's house (his H2) down to a hotel party. It was a blizzard that night and it did fine going down hill. It couldn't make it over a berm in his driveway on the way back. Had to make a second attempt at pulling into the garage.

Just seemed like a lot of money spent on a vehicle that would do the same thing in the snow as my 2WD Dodge truck with tire chains.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
When I first got my FJ this wise a** kid was asking me why I bought the "little" Hummer. I politely told him I dont need to buy a little Hummer (derogatory comment about his GF), this is an FJ. Drove away looking at the dumbfounded look on his face.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
Some guys came up to me and said, WOW, is this the new Land Cruiser Prototype (my FJ doesn't have FJ Cruiser tags on it anymore and with all the stuff on it, it looks a bit different than stock).

I explained that THIS is what you could do with an FJ - if you had a little motivation. He asked me for a business card. Since then he bought an FJ and has been modifying it. He is not into computer stuff so is not on the Forum, but the point is there. (nobody confuses the Scorpion with an Element)

:ninja:

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had on guy ask if mine was a hummer. He is a couple bricks short of a full load so I let it pass.

A great friend of mine did have a H2. He recently traded his in for an FJ. From what he says, he loves the FJ esp the gas milage.

I agree with one of the earlier posts about bringing on the catfight in the rain. That would make an excellent clip for the forum.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I love that saying, Ive been told twice that I should have just bought a hummer and I reply with the same answer. I prefer to use sister though!:simmadown::lol:

When I first got my FJ this wise a** kid was asking me why I bought the "little" Hummer. I politely told him I dont need to buy a little Hummer (derogatory comment about his GF), this is an FJ. Drove away looking at the dumbfounded look on his face.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Some guys came up to me and said, WOW, is this the new Land Cruiser Prototype (my FJ doesn't have FJ Cruiser tags on it anymore and with all the stuff on it, it looks a bit different than stock).

I explained that THIS is what you could do with an FJ - if you had a little motivation. He asked me for a business card. Since then he bought an FJ and has been modifying it. He is not into computer stuff so is not on the Forum, but the point is there. (nobody confuses the Scorpion with an Element)

:ninja:
Yeah. No kidding. If someone were to ask you that, I'd think you would be completely within your rights to call their village and let them know you'd found their idiot.

That is one hell of a rig!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
When I painted I took off the rear badging on the door and yes, it had the predicted effect. Like- what the hell IS that?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts