Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the CB antenna and the 2 meter mounted today. I just wanted to share some pics of how I did it.
I used a grommet and ran the cable into the dor like some others here have done. Not too hard realy. :)

I mounted my 2 meter antenna on the other side and also ran it into the back door. I am not really happy with the tape, so I will find something else to secure the cable.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I have my VHR/UHF antenna mounted as you do, and I used those adhesive backed cable ties about every 6" down the side and across the bottom of the door until I go to the driver's side where I put in a drip loop and brought the coax in under the side wall trim. I still have a Bandi mount, but it is for a spare radio. On the driver's side I have a Tarheel antenna mounted on a bracket coming off the frame for my HF radio.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'll go get some of those today. I think that will look much better!

I'd like to play with mobile HF some day. I need to get my butt back in practice on CW! :) Amazing what you forget when you don't use it.

I have my VHR/UHF antenna mounted as you do, and I used those adhesive backed cable ties about every 6" down the side and across the bottom of the door until I go to the driver's side where I put in a drip loop and brought the coax in under the side wall trim. I still have a Bandi mount, but it is for a spare radio. On the driver's side I have a Tarheel antenna mounted on a bracket coming off the frame for my HF radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts