Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked, searched, and soaked up quite a bit on CB installs. But I am looking for alternatives for running the antenna cable. How did you do it from you bandi mount? Or did you do a front bumper mount (ala-ARB)? I am mounting on the back but not sure if I want to go under the FJ or through the inside.

Any suggestions or tips would be great!

Thanks,
Rob.

·
Registered
981 Posts
mine is through the inside.

in through the jack storage area, under the plastic behind the rear seat, through the channel under the door sill, up into the dash through the kick panel, across and behind the glovebox where the brains of my CB is

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts

in through the jack storage area, under the plastic behind the rear seat, through the channel under the door sill, up into the dash through the kick panel, across and behind the glovebox where the brains of my CB is
This is how I ran mine as well, except mine turns behind the switch panel and runs to the console cubby area rather than behind the glove box.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Was it a pain to run that way? How long did it take? I'm thinking of going to the center console with it. I’m using a Midland 75-822 and want to install a bulked stile connector some where on the console near the power port.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Used a Bandi mount (great design). Then ran into interior through wire boot, angled downward for drainage. Then routed as the others did--through interior side panel and driver side channel. Then under front seat floor into center console. Cable I used did not have a connector attached, that made routing the wire much easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
I also ran mine insdie as in this post:

easy-cobra-wxst-power-install

I went into the rear jack compartment through the wiring boot already there. Getting the cable up to the door sill area behind the body work was the most interesting part of the job. I ended up taping the end of the cable to a straightened coat hanger and used that to fish it forward. Then I could lift up the edge of the side body panel and grab it with a pair of needle nose. You can do this without romoving any of the body panels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just ran mine inside along the bottom of the side panel and along the floor mat. Then down past the back seat, under the panel again then through the side channel, under the mat to the center console.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I have looked, searched, and soaked up quite a bit on CB installs. But I am looking for alternatives for running the antenna cable. How did you do it from you bandi mount? Or did you do a front bumper mount (ala-ARB)? I am mounting on the back but not sure if I want to go under the FJ or through the inside.

Any suggestions or tips would be great!

Thanks,
Rob.
Here's mine.
(see below)

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve, nice photos.

Thanks.

Some realy good info coming in thanks everyone!

·
Banned
2,998 Posts
I did mine the same way...thru the inside. All of the plastic parts simply pull off. It takes about 30 minutes from the time you start to take everything apart to the time you fire it up and are road ready. That's with a 10 minute break to crack a cold one and enjoy it while it's still frosty....:D

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the cable in yesterday, Ran it from my homemade mount on the back in through the rubber boot for the back door, and through the panels on the drivers side, down the channel under the door sill and up under the dash. The CB will mount just below the drivers side vent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts