Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Any pictures of the mount itself? I need to do something like this.
Thanks.
I used a 2X4 overhead that has two "super magnets" on it. I added some epoxy to the magnet face so they become their own support while the epoxy dries.

I opened up the CB and bolted the 2M radio bracket to the lower cover of the CB.

Like this:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly what I was looking for. But can you still see in rear view mirror? It looks like blocks part of mirror? What VHF radio and CB models are these in first picture?

Unlike your FJ, mine has overhead console where you have mounted radios. Otherwise, that would be my first mounting choice.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Exactly what I was looking for. But can you still see in rear view mirror? It looks like blocks part of mirror? What VHF radio and CB models are these in first picture?

Unlike your FJ, mine has overhead console where you have mounted radios. Otherwise, that would be my first mounting choice.
I now have a Uniden 980 SSB and Yaesu FT1900. It blocks about the top 1/8 of the mirror but it doesn't bother me at all.

Good luck on your setup!
Nick

·
Premium Member
2011 fjcruiser quicksand
370 Posts
Looking for pics and stories of any combination CB and HAM radio installs for a FJ Trail Teams SE with overhead console. Especially any "stacked" configurations.
I currently have no overhead equipment but I have the floor mounted "stack"
I may be changing things when the IC-7100 comes available and going with a detachable face vhf/uhf, may hang a cb from the headliner.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I currently have no overhead equipment but I have the floor mounted "stack"
I may be changing things when the IC-7100 comes available and going with a detachable face vhf/uhf, may hang a cb from the headliner.
WOW! That is a "Cluster" my friend! Not sure I could do that, or would want that with my 6MT. I like Wikid's overhead console, but want to incorporate HAM, CB, SIREN/PA, and switches with maybe a few gauges.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Looks good Amigo. Where do you mount your mic? I am seriously considering the Yaesu FTM400DR.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Cobra 75 WX ST mounted under the center console.

Yaesu FT-8800R with the main body of the radio mounted in the rear and the control head above the mirror.

and last but not least the remoted mic connector for the Yaesu

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Nice pics Amigo! Very interesting set-up. I like the idea of the remote set-up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts