Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey CB experts, I read the how to treads, I am wondering if there is I would need to follow the directions for the AT model (run the coax under the truck, and cut a hole to gain access, or is there a reason I should not run the wire up and over through the vehicle headliner.

does the wire need to be low or something?

seems, if it's long enough running it through the roof would be easier.

thanks for any help!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Mine is run along the right door sill underneath and tucked in the plastic on the sides all the way, then it routes under the plastic tray behind the rear most seats and behind the side panel where it can mee the Bandi mount.

Totally stealth.
No need to run your coax outside of the rig.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
[Corey beat me to it, but he pulled over to the passenger side then under the floor mat. You can get under the insulated floor if you pull off the door sill cover. It just snaps into place, so start at one end and gently pull the plastic up to reveal a nice wiring chase.]

Pulling the headliner down is far more complicated than it looks. There are plenty of rubber plugs in the floor pan that are easier to access.

For instance, most who use the Bandi antenna mount on the rear door, pull the wire either through the rubber "hose" in the hinge or go under the rear cargo area and find one of the rubber plugs that goes into the bottle jack area. From there you can run the coax inside the driver side panels over the wheel well and then into the door sill cover, then under the driver's seat and into the center console area. You can pull the coax under the floor mat material under the seat and keep it all out of sight.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Yeah, that pic of mine with the coax under the floormat is an older one.
The cable is actually routed all stealth now behind the rubber floor, and it exits out of the top just under the CB.

You can see in this picture.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent!! Thanks! when, I wired the roof lights front and rear, I got used to taken of the headliner, so I just figured I'd go that route again. The way you guys have described sounds very viable. I will give it a try.
thanks again, the people on this forum rock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts