Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to cb radio's and I got mine all wired up tuned and working great. I've spent a week listening to a bunch of idiots talking about some really random stuff but as I was playing around online I found this You tube video of Cb Lingo and am wondering if people still use these terms or how to talk on the cb?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
We generally use CB on the trail only, sometimes in traffic to see what is going on ahead.

On the trail we are generally in groups of 5-6 and depending on where you are on the side of a moutian transmition can get fuzzy between leader and tail gunner. Due to terrain. We talk about the trail we are on, where we are heading, who's hungry ,trail talk.

Kyla "Who are you calling a Cottie Queen you Lint Licker" in a southrern accent Priceless!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We generally use CB on the trail only, sometimes in traffic to see what is going on ahead.

On the trail we are generally in groups of 5-6 and depending on where you are on the side of a moutian transmition can get fuzzy between leader and tail gunner. Due to terrain. We talk about the trail we are on, where we are heading, who's hungry ,trail talk.

Kyla "Who are you calling a Cottie Queen you Lint Licker" in a southrern accent Priceless!!
ahahahahahahah Lint Licker! That's great. Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
In the words of Dr. Evil and Goldmember:

Goldmember: "Breaker breaker one niner, this is Goldie Wang. Over."

Dr. Evil: "Ten-four there Goldie Wang. This is Rubber Duckie. What's your Ten-Twenty? Over."

Goldmember: "I've got Preparation H in my rear and Smokie The Bear on my back door. We got us a convoy. Over."

Dr. Evil: "Yee-haw! Copy that. Sumb*tch, pile of monkey nuts."

:cheers:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you get tired of the idiots on cb and the minuscule range on the trail, get your ham license and a 2 meter radio. :bigthumb:
What's the difference between ham and CB equipment wise? And why does it require a license?

And yeah, let's just say I haven't found anyone worth talking to on the cb yet but I have it because it's required trail gear. I spend some time on the beach and on the dunes so I do get some decent range there but on the road and the trail it's a pretty small bubble.

·
Registered
717 Posts
CB is an AM radio and HAM covers a lot more frequency range HF (really long range) VHF line of sight but much clearer and then you add in repeaters and you can talk a really long way.

I did like that CB jargon...I laughed at the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent, Thx 1911. I'm interested

1 - 10 of 10 Posts