Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to you guys, searching different posts and coming up with an idea, I fabricated this simple mount for my CB. Being that the rig is new to me, I am a little apprehensive to drill holes on the interior until I'm sure what I want.

So I made a bracket for my CB to hang off of the rear of the center console. No holes in the plastic required/

Used 12" pipe/duct straps, measured, bent, wrapped and trimmed velcro to keep it soft touch, painted the CB bracket black, and if needed will use 2 small patches of velcro male side to hold in place for when it gets bumpy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Looks good. Clean install :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
nicely done!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks nice! What are the tricks for mounting stuff on the headliner? I assume you need to get something behind to back it up. Is there a basket or rack on the market. I just discovered MPAC after spending time trying to come up with some sort of rear storage set up.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,863 Posts
Nice mount OP!

As for headliner mounting, the trick is usually to epoxy a 2X4 up there to attach to.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
bumpity bump bump

I like the setup but I'm curious about the bolt heads against the console plastic. I know they are covered by the soft velcro but are those areas showing any additional wearing/stress on the console?

Can the OP or someone that has done this advise?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used machine screws so it would be relatively flat. Small bumps on the back before the velcro, but it hasn't rubbed through or created any marks on the console. So far, so good. It has worked out really well for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts