Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so I got a Cobra CB Radio for christmas and since I am only a stereo wiring guy I was wondering where I could connect the wires to the Fuse Box so that my CB Radio can power up by just turning the Key to ACC to use it without the dash and headlights. Thanks a ton. -Mike

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Another place you can tap the power fe the cigarette lighter next to the accessory buttons. Works fine.

Ok guys so I got a Cobra CB Radio for christmas and since I am only a stereo wiring guy I was wondering where I could connect the wires to the Fuse Box so that my CB Radio can power up by just turning the Key to ACC to use it without the dash and headlights. Thanks a ton. -Mike

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I'd recommend using 12V constant on power, so you can use the radio regardless of the key position, or even if the key is available, in case of emergency.

I wire all 2-way radio equipment and GPS units so that they are available no matter what, 'cause that's when you'll really need them :rocker:
There are plenty of empty fuse locations on the stock fuse panel to choose from. Only a CB radio can be wired through the fuse panel, since it is very low output power (4w). For all other 2-way radios, incl ham, GMRS, MURS, VHF/UHF, etc, you should wire both the hot and ground directly to the battery, and fuse both the power and ground lines as close to the battery as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts