Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have my add a fuse wiring connector onto my ACC fuse, then I have the red wire running to that and the black wire running to a ground (my seat anchor point) and my CB Radio won't power up. Any suggestions? I am a total newbie at this and a diagram or detail would be great. Thanks you guys are awesome. -Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
You have a meter? I can tell you what to check and figure it out pretty fast. If you wired it to a ACC slot you may have to have the key in the second position to have power there. Another problem could be that ground location. Seat brackets are painted so they are poor ground locations unless you remove the paint. Under the dash there are plenty of good grounds you can just add your ground wire to with an eyelet connector on the end. Remove the factory nut on the ground stud and add your ground and retighten the nut

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have a meter. Thanks about the ground info I totally forgot those were painted. I'm dumb!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey 1911 I think I tried what you were trying to tell me and it still won't power up. Here is a pic.

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about that, this should work.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it's the 7.5 ACC Fuse which is what I was told to put it on by someone on the forum. I need a 10 there?

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
In your add a fuse if you look at it there is a little slot in it. It needs a fuse in this slot to complete the circuit. In your pic there is no fuse.:cheers:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a fuse there its just an off to the side. It's the 7.5A ACC Fuse. What I'm wondering is my Add A fuse has 2 fuse slots. Do I need to get one that just has one?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yeah it's the 7.5 ACC Fuse which is what I was told to put it on by someone on the forum. I need a 10 there?
A 7.5A fuse is about twice what you need for a power cord on a CB radio.
A 10A fuse is way too much. Most power cords i have had for CB radios usually have a 3A in line fuse in them.

KyFJGuy

·
Registered
671 Posts
Put fuses in both of the open slots of the Add-a-fuse. If you only put it in one of the slots, it will not work.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Put fuses in both of the open slots of the Add-a-fuse. If you only put it in one of the slots, it will not work.
Bingo, need 2 fuses.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts