Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a CB, hopefuly a small one. Any recommendations?
thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
I'm really liking my Midland 75-822:

Amazon.com: Midland 75-822 40 Channel 2 Way Radio: Electronics

Out of the box it's got everything you need for it to work as a handheld: two battery packs (a 6AA battery one that isn't rechargeable, and a 8AA battery one that is with the charging adapter) and a mini antenna. It also comes with a power base for use in your vehicle, which includes a plugin for a vehicle mounted antenna. With the vehicle kit plugged in, it isn't much larger than the Cobra that the previous poster had.

I bought mine for Ouray in July, going to try it out first just as a handheld and charge it every night. If the reception or range isn't enough for the trail rides I'll do the full vehicle setup for it. But I like that it can do both vehicle and handheld pretty well.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Cobra75wxst is very small and all built into the handset.
X2. Nice part is, if you don't want it around all the time you can quickly disconnect and store in console or glovebox. That's my wife's favorite part!:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Cobra75wxst is very small and all built into the handset.
X2. Nice part is, if you don't want it around all the time you can quickly disconnect and store in console or glovebox. That's my wife's favorite part!:lol:
Compact and functional unit. You can even buy a seperate box for it and use the handheld part in multiple vehicles.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
You can also add an external speaker to the Cobra 75 as well. I use one and have had no problems with it at all.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
You can also add an external speaker to the Cobra 75 as well. I use one and have had no problems with it at all.
Yeah, using the itty bitty little speaker in the hand-held unit sucks, at least for old hard-of-hearing guys like me. I plumbed mine through the "aux" port into the stereo so I can turn it up as loud as I want.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow - thanks for all the replies so quick. People on here are great :cheers:

Looks like there are a few favourites out there. I'll what I can find...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up getting the Midland handheld, then did an anntenna set up with some of the parts from the Walcott Big Bill combo. Works great - Thanks for all the input!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts