Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have power and went to tune it, but on channel one im over 3 in the red zone. On channels 20 and 40 I am also in the red zone. What could cause this? I think it might be a grounding issue or my antenna because its crackling in the center after hitting my garage. The equipment I have is midland 5001z cb, firestik 2 antenna, all pro bandi mount, radioshack cables and radioshack swr. any thoughts?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Grounding. When you connect your ground to your vehicle be sure to take off the paint. You can also check your ground with an ohm meter

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
grounding at bandi mount, and after you take care of that, you might need to get a little longer antenna. 2 foot won't even get above the top??????
You probably won't have the reception you want with just a 2 foot antenna.
Jax':wave:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grounding at bandi mount, and after you take care of that, you might need to get a little longer antenna. 2 foot won't even get above the top??????
You probably won't have the reception you want with just a 2 foot antenna.
Jax':wave:
ok thanks im going to try fixing the mount today, and I wrote it wrong i meant 3ft firestick ii

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I just went through that same problem. My antenna had cracked when I went to tuck it under my roof mounted hi lift so it would go into my parking garge. I would suggest getting a spring attachment to keep from breaking the antenna.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Instead of getting a fiberglass ant get a Wilson or Cobra antenna. I have had a Wilson 2000 trucker on a bandi mount and it hits everthing but never breaks and it is a great antenna.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just had a K40 2' tunable tip antenna installed (today) and was at 1.3 across the spectrum.

It is most likely a grounding issue.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just had a K40 2' tunable tip antenna installed (today) and was at 1.3 across the spectrum.

It is most likely a grounding issue.
I went back and resanded the grounding areas but the swr actually went up haha Im going to replace the antenna to see if it does the trick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts