Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for those who have installed the CCFL Halo Headlights. I'm thinking about purchasing a set that I had seen on Ebay:

eBay Motors: 07-08 TOYOTA FJ CRUISER PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS CCFL HALO (item 290245136240 end time Jul-17-08 20:31:49 PDT)

I see from their website, that a H9 bulb is used for the headlight assembly, and it lists that it is DOT approved. I thought that the H9 bulb is not a hi/lo beam light bulb. Also was wondering about the installation of an aftermarket HID hi/lo bulb for the assembly. Since the H9 bulb isn't a hi/lo beam bulb, what bulb do you recommend?

Also, are you happy with the decision in the purchase of the CCFL Halo Headlight?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Banned
321 Posts
dear Jimmy...

nothing you see on ebay "bling bling", "jdm", "wow", "xenon" "angel eyes", "HID" is DOT and or TUV approved

it is all Asian made crap..

tail lights, headlights, hid kits they are all the same

cheap, crappy, never tested and never approved by anyone, except by the ebay sellers ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
You should get them. I get so tired of seeing FJ's on the road that look like everyone else. The Halo's look good and will definitely set it apart from the rest, just not sure if they are bright enough. I just got a set of Xenon HID's, I like them fine but everyone else just gives me the bird, lol. People should get a life. You only live once. I say go for it!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts