Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost track of my cell phone on the Poughkeepsie trail during the Saturday, 8:20am run. It was in my jacket pocket when I left, and I never used/checked it during the day (too much fun), and was gone when I got back to town. I'm pretty sure the poor thing is face down somewhere out there. Just checking to see if anyone might have seen a phone in a black case our there during a run on that trail after 8:20am.

Thanks for any help.

Deryl

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Maybe it'll pop up and someone is able to return it.

I was at Animas Forks on Friday and saw the register box and opened it to sign in. Someone's cell phone was in there. They must have just dropped it cuz I turned the screen on and the battery was damn near fully charged. Unfortunately there was no signal cuz I was going to try to go through the phone and see if I could find a contact. But I didn't touch it when I saw there was no signal. Soon after that I forest service guy that was coming through to wash the toilets we making his rounds of the grounds. Hopefully he took it and was able to make contact.

Hopefully yours will pop up!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys. Thanks for the input. I contacted the Ouray police dept last week and gave them my number. Nothing yet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Two years later after the 2016 summit, my son and I attend the 2019 summit. Have a great time. Missed the 2017 and 2018 events. I get home, and park the FJ for a week before scrubbing it down. Last Sunday, take it to a local car wash, start vacuuming out under the front seat, and hear the sound of something getting suck into the vacuum nozzle. It was the phone lost from 2016. Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I've looked under that front seat since 2016. It came back from a time continuum of some sort. It was like finding a cell phone time capsule.

Anyway, had to post something about this. Case closed. Universe whole again.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I'm still looking for one of mine that I swear I heard chirp under the drivers seat about 6 years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
A year ago I could do that with a snowsuit on and full backpack. But those day are over . Stupid foot injury has really jacked me up

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,918 Posts
That’s why it’s called the Great Abyss....things really do disappear and reappear under our FJ seats - I just found a lost favorite patch which magically reappeared today right after making arrangements to get a replacement! I searched under there with a flashlight, multiple times. I’ve heard many stories about things being “lost” under there.....:scatter:

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I noticed this was an older thread. Then I`m thinking wouldn`t that be funny if it was found. I was thinking somebody found an old cell phone on the trail you were on. I would have never thought you would fine it 3 years later under your seat :)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Anyway, had to post something about this. Case closed. Universe whole again.
Is it? You should post the last picture you took with it. That would be interesting if you snapped anything of your trip and compare it to 2019!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is it? You should post the last picture you took with it. That would be interesting if you snapped anything of your trip and compare it to 2019!

The good news was my pictures were backed up to the cloud. So, I didn't lose them.

Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions back in 2016. Losing your phone these days is like losing a computer/laptop. Too much personal information. Of course my phone was completely unlocked when I lost it. SHEESH.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I appreciated having the forum as a resource for helping me with that issue. I was tripping at the time. Thanks again everyone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts