Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am wondering if anyone has seen this happen on there fj's?
I am driving in 4high lock and all of a sudden the yellow center diff lock light turns off but it seems like it is still in 4wd?? BY THE WAY IT IS AN 07 WITH MANUAL TRANS AND FULL TIME 4WD.
Any info would be much appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am wondering if anyone has seen this happen on there fj's?
I am driving in 4high lock and all of a sudden the yellow center diff lock light turns off but it seems like it is still in 4wd?? BY THE WAY IT IS AN 07 WITH MANUAL TRANS AND FULL TIME 4WD.
Any info would be much appreciated
thanks
The manual trans FJ's are always in 4WD. The center diff lock is manually operated but there are 2 electrical switches on the transfer case to let the computers know the status of the center diff lock and 4Low. You should always be able to shift to 4Hi locked center diff and 4Low (with locked center diff) as they are mechanically engaged with the shift levers. If 1 or both switches are bad the computer won't know that you have selected either 4Hi locked or 4Low (locked) and won't allow you to engage ATRAC or the rear locker. I think you have a switch that is failing and when it stops working the computer thinks you have gone back to 4Hi (unlocked) and turns off the dash light even though you are still in 4Hi (locked)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts