Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone I'm new to the forum and just a week ago I bought my first FJ Cruiser, a Sun Fusion 2007, in large part because of the access to this active forum and to be able to ask just about anything. So before I go any further I wanted to thank you all for helping me find a car that I am truly in love with. I did my due diligence to find a similar thread but nothing has come up.

So last night I left my back seats in the pushed down position over night and this morning when I lifted the seats back up all 3 back headrests were either slightly deformed or squished, particularly the center headrest, and now after about 30 minutes the foam inside still hasn't puffed them back to normal. So my question here is with FJ's is it important to always put the seats back in place after every use to avoid this issue? Have I just not waited enough time for the seat foam to fill it back up? Hope to hear back soon and fix this issue!

Attachments

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,351 Posts
Welcome! If they weren’t squished before, they should return to puffedoutness :grin I know many who have the back seat folded down for long periods and never heard a complaint about squished headrests. Hope it works out. Keep us posted :wink

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I keep my rear folded down most of the time so the dogs can ride in the full space. I don't even keep the headrests in the FJ.

Reactions: terenitup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So for the most part the puffedoutness has returned only a small indent on the center one now, just took a while for them all to come back. Appreciate the replies fellas, clearly being a newbie has me a little up tight with everything.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Warm weather will fix it. I take the headrests out when putting down the seat backs.
Yep, I leave either one or both back seats folded down all the time. Mine were squished pretty good, but they snapped back after some time. Now I just run with them removed, and would put them back on if I knew I was going to have someone in the back seat for some time (which I rarely ever have that situation).

OP, you can pull the headrests out really easily. Just make sure you put them back in facing the proper direction, otherwise I have heard folks having trouble removing them if inserted backwards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts