Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks,

I'd like to envite all Floridians (and any other Toyota enthusiasts from surrounding states) to the SW side of Orlando for a build weekend! I am located near Champions Gate (exit 58 on I-4) and this map should clue you in Google Maps to the location. We'll start at 9 AM Saturday and finish up sometime on Sunday when everyone is done. There is wheeling to test out new mods on close to my house (Arch please get with Malcolm to see if we are welcome at Wallaby Ranch as well). Bring your suits and a change of clothes as I have plenty of room for guests and a cement pond. Please post what you are interested in doing while here (I'll add you to the master list below) so I can arrange for tools (I have a complete box & grinder & vise but, if we need things like welders or floorjax I'll be looking for volunteers). Look forward to seeing everyone and meeting some newbies. K

Karls FJ Cruiser-Scuba mod, change fluids, fix roof rack lighting (Greg?)
Zach's 4Runner-Stereo & Wiring
Jake's FJ-40-general advice on next steps
NSBCruiser-Body mount chop
Ubertruder-change fluids, scuba mod
Gwagg-need to rebend my budbuilt rear plate, scuba mod, add a higher gauge wire to my new radio, rear speakers?
doublejfj-body mount chop
FJ6High
Mike H
GrimsGarage-bringing welder and metal too!
CTheProducer
Chris2

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sounds Fun!

I'm a wireing wiz, I can hard wire any toy you want in (phone chargers, GPS, radar detectors, cb....), I can also wire up radios, amps, subs, LEDs, off road lights, HID kits, also anytype of switches, DRL on/off, a-trac hack, VSC switch... I can also paint very well, so if anyone needs help blacking out the FJ I can do that.

I want to do the body mount chop, hope someone can help me out. I have quite a bit of tool but no welding equiptment.

Let me know if you can use my help.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Calling all welders! Corey, BOB, Christian? Think ya can bring a welder with? K
I have a car battery and some vice grips. Will that work? :lol:

·
Registered
866 Posts
I still have Justin's welder, but it sounds like Chris has that stuff covered.

What type of plugs do you have in your garage.........we kinda had a problem at my place with the welder because of the plugs.

I can also help wherever needed, just come find me on my raft in the pool.

What kinda stuff would you like me to bring Karl?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a car battery and some vice grips. Will that work? :lol:
ONLY IF YOU LET ME CLAMP THEM TO YOUR NIPPLES!

I have a mig and an Arc which one would you like?
DON'T KNOW. WHATEVER WOULD BE GOOD FOR BODY CHOP.

I still have Justin's welder, but it sounds like Chris has that stuff covered.

What type of plugs do you have in your garage.........we kinda had a problem at my place with the welder because of the plugs.

I can also help wherever needed, just come find me on my raft in the pool.

What kinda stuff would you like me to bring Karl?
OTHER THAN YOU HOT WENCH? I'LL HAVE TO GIVE IT SOME THOUGHT. k

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Hey Karl I'll be in Maine wheelin' but I would have come. How's things. Sounds like you guys have a good crew down there. I've got a build day up here on July 19th myself. You're more than welcome to come but that 24 hour drive sucks. :wave:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Karl I'll be in Maine wheelin' but I would have come. How's things. Sounds like you guys have a good crew down there. I've got a build day up here on July 19th myself. You're more than welcome to come but that 24 hour drive sucks. :wave:
Maybe next time I see ya you wont have a PT Cruiser! K

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Maybe next time I see ya you wont have a PT Cruiser! K
Ya, a BUFF YELLOW PT Cruiser at that. Ah PT Cruiser FJ Cruiser, it was a Cruiser.

·
Registered
77 Posts
NSBCRUISER is an amazing guy....and good friend :) the kid is just awesome with any sort of wireing that needs to be done......I would let him tinker with my FJ any day of the week
X2............he hardwired my GPS and did most of the scuba mods for me. Really knows his stuff. The only thing we did not get to was the scuba mod for the transmission. I have an 08 model and I could not locate the breather. Can someone help me with that?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
X2............he hardwired my GPS and did most of the scuba mods for me. Really knows his stuff. The only thing we did not get to was the scuba mod for the transmission. I have an 08 model and I could not locate the breather. Can someone help me with that?
Bring it out I am sure we'll be able to find it. K

·
Registered
790 Posts
I am going to do my best to come by. I have neglected the FJ.
*need to rebend my budbuilt rear plate
*need scuba mod
*add a higher gauge wire to my new radio
*rear speakers?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got any camping spots nearby? I may try to make it up just to meet some of the guys and lend a hand where needed. But if there are wiring gurus on staff then that may force my hand to at least purchase some upgraded speakers.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got any camping spots nearby? I may try to make it up just to meet some of the guys and lend a hand where needed. But if there are wiring gurus on staff then that may force my hand to at least purchase some upgraded speakers.
There is a place people have camped b4 during a FLCA event. If you are coming that far I think I can spare a couch though. K

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am going to do my best to come by. I have neglected the FJ.
*need to rebend my budbuilt rear plate
*need scuba mod
*add a higher gauge wire to my new radio
*rear speakers?
Saw your rig in Hunter's Creek last Monday but, didn't know what store your were in. Hoipe to see you & Sally. K

1 - 20 of 69 Posts