Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, calling all interested parties to plan a group run or gathering for pool and beer and cigars. I know you are indoors surfing the internet right now because it's too dang cold to be outside.

So if you are interested, pop in a reply. Details to follow a show of interest...

·
Registered
281 Posts
All right, calling all interested parties to plan a group run or gathering for pool and beer and cigars. I know you are indoors surfing the internet right now because it's too dang cold to be outside.

So if you are interested, pop in a reply. Details to follow a show of interest...
Hey man, atleast there's always me. I'd be down if we could get anyone else to come. haha

·
Registered
364 Posts
If I didn't live in the Far East, I would be there fellas. This frickin cold weather sucks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If I lived a little closer I would be interested. It would be around 5 hours for me to get there. Granted, I will be in Nashville the first weekend of March.

Let me know if you folks do anything in eastern TN.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i am in nashville few days a week saw a cool cigar bar yesterday by the tin roof in brentwood franklin area behind the mercedes stealership where no one will leave their desk to take my order for a new 4wd sprinter van i need.....................

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm great with a cigar bar, but anywhere interesting in the area is fine with me. Will have to leave locales open to others as I am new to the area and only been to a few places. I can open my work schedule for weekday evenings to avoid tourist weekend crowds, too... just need a few days notice. Will be back in God's country next week (Texas), but free after that.

Let's start there: Weekday or Weekend?

Then throw out some dates and locations.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I prefer weekdays and think we should probably avoid anything too niche like a cigar bar. I would hate for others to not come becuase they don't want to be around smoke.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I prefer weekdays and think we should probably avoid anything too niche like a cigar bar. I would hate for others to not come becuase they don't want to be around smoke.
Okay, that probably takes our churches and strip clubs, too.

How about a meet at 6:30 PM on THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2015 at __________.

(I don't know the Nashville area well enough to suggest a good central location.)

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Okay, that probably takes our churches and strip clubs, too.

How about a meet at 6:30 PM on THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2015 at __________.

(I don't know the Nashville area well enough to suggest a good central location.)
Wo, wo, wo... slow down. Who doesn't like strip clubs? Just kidding. How about we meet at Judge Beans in Brentwood right off of the I-65 Old Hickory exit. Best Texas bbq in Nashville. I am guessing you will appreciate that. Since you have already identified yourself as an Aggie, I feel I should go ahead and warn you that my wife and I are both Baylor grads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Since you have already identified yourself as an Aggie, I feel I should go ahead and warn you that my wife and I are both Baylor grads.
Hey, I have no problems with Bears. In fact, my wife has informed me that Chip and Joanna Gaines will be creating our next house... even if she has to kidnap them and bring them to Tennessee.

Judge Bean's sounds great! Looking forward to it.

TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2015 6:30 PM, JUDGE BEAN'S

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Done. I'll be there and will bring my wife so there will be at least three of us. (She's much more likable anyway.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, to the 6,548,996 Tennesseans who did NOT attend the get-together Tuesday night, a great time was had by all. We had an enthusiastic turn out, traded stories and lies over a couple of beers, exchanged tech ideas, ate lots of Texas barbeque, and there was much rejoicing.

Rumors of a future group ride were bandied about.

Do not miss the next People With FJ Cruisers and an Open Evening event to be held in the Music City soon!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sure will. I'll be the one with his daytime driving lights on.

Don't know what part of Kentucky you're in, but we talked about making a trip to Land Between the Lakes sometime. Never been there but it looks nice.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts