Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for someone in the Austin area that is experienced (and competent!) in repairing windshields. I took mine to get replaced and now I need three other pieces replaced and one repaired. Research shows this is an ongoing issue for all so I'm hoping someone local has some suggestions.
Thanks to all who have shared your experiences and advice in the past!

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
What is with the mastic all over the cowling?

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
When I lived in Houston I used Safelite, came right to where I was and replaced it on site, didn't break anything. They did 2 windshields for me.

·
Premium Member
12,412 Posts
What is with the mastic all over the cowling?
Looks like the last place broke the top trim into 3 pieces and are using the mastic as glue.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Living in San Antonio, I used Safelite as well. They ordered the wrong trim piece for me unfortunately. I had to get them to order the Trail Teams coloured one. That being said, ever since I had it done, my driver side trim piece keeps popping up because I think they broke one of the clips. Luckily it hasn't blown off yet...

·
Registered
479 Posts
I used Safelite in the Austin area. They did okay. I had to pay "extra" for the cowl & other pieces, they said, because "they almost always break so we just order and install new ones."

Also, they would not come to me, but said I had to bring the FJ to one of their locations, because its windshield is more challenging to replace than other vehicles'.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Living in San Antonio, I used Safelite as well. They ordered the wrong trim piece for me unfortunately. I had to get them to order the Trail Teams coloured one. That being said, ever since I had it done, my driver side trim piece keeps popping up because I think they broke one of the clips. Luckily it hasn't blown off yet...
Same experience. Used them because the insurance paid. If I was paying, I would steer clear of Safelite. They chipped the paint on the trim pieces too.

·
11,232 Posts
@naturallydee Here's what they'll need...

Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts