Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heat here has already been crazy so yesterday while I was getting a hot tan on my left arm through the bunk A$$ tint that comes on the front two windows I decided to get the windows redone. I had ceramic tint on my last car and had already spoken with the guy about doing my FJ. He confirmed that the existing tint was bunk, no surprise, and quoted me $125 to strip the old tint and install the ceramic. The tint blends nicely with the factory rear windows and does an excellent job at keeping the heat and UV rays out. Look it up for more info - Formula One Ceramic tint, it comes with a lifetime warranty even if the glass is broken.

Highly suggested mod! :cheers:

·
Registered
851 Posts
I didn't even think there was any tint on the front windows. I am thinking of having mine done, what is the deal with ceramic tint? Never heard of it til now.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The heat here has already been crazy so yesterday while I was getting a hot tan on my left arm through the bunk A$$ tint that comes on the front two windows I decided to get the windows redone. I had ceramic tint on my last car and had already spoken with the guy about doing my FJ. He confirmed that the existing tint was bunk, no surprise, and quoted me $125 to strip the old tint and install the ceramic. The tint blends nicely with the factory rear windows and does an excellent job at keeping the heat and UV rays out. Look it up for more info - Formula One Ceramic tint, it comes with a lifetime warranty even if the glass is broken.

Highly suggested mod! :cheers:
I hear ya on the heat! I'm outside Austin and it's already a blast furnace here. If this is any sign of what summer is going to be like, well we are in for a blazer for sure. I had Sun Tint do my windows with ceramic and it has held up great so far. I'm considering having them do a sun strip on the upper windshield too.
Stay cool....:bandit:

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't even think there was any tint on the front windows. I am thinking of having mine done, what is the deal with ceramic tint? Never heard of it til now.
Ceramic tint keeps out more heat and UV than any other tint available. Go here: FormulaONE - Performance Automotive Film and click on Pinnacle series to check it out.

I hear ya on the heat! I'm outside Austin and it's already a blast furnace here. If this is any sign of what summer is going to be like, well we are in for a blazer for sure. I had Sun Tint do my windows with ceramic and it has held up great so far. I'm considering having them do a sun strip on the upper windshield too.
Stay cool....:bandit:
I had Sunbusters do mine right off of 183 & Duval. The stuff works!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts