Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello FJ fanatics! What are the chances of making it to the Summit if on the wait list?

I just got the FJ less than a month ago and it's awesome! It's my first truck and just had my first off-road experience last weekend. I am hooked to say the least. Anyhow, I don't want to miss the the Summit. Hopefully I get in!

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you are already on the waiting list, then you have a chance to go. Depending on how far down your name is on the waiting list. But you still have a possible chance of getting an email to register when someone drops off. Because some people will have commitments that will come up and they will have to cancel their current Summit plans. And even ask people to pay and take up their hotel rooms.

Besides that, you can truly go to Ouray and enjoy wheeling. If you have never been to Ouray and you have time this year and have somewhere to stay in Ouray, but you missed getting on the list to attend Summit 2018, then feel free to take a trip to Ouray and enjoy it.

I do not drive a FJ. I do drive a 2012 QX56, but I have attended the last 2 Summits (2016, 2017) and even wheeled with some on the first summit I attended. I love going to Ouray when I know there is such a big crowd around. It gives me an extra sense of security when I know there are people around in case one needs help up there. Also, those mountains are just spectacular. It is the only place I really challenge my car every year. And when I make a stop in Moab also.

I have gotten to meet and know some people and it has been a nice experience as compared to if I went there when there was no summit and just enjoyed myself in the quiet town with few cars in town and in the mountains. It is more fun when the town is packed full with life and tons of 4x4s.

So, if you are on the waiting list, be checking and you may be lucky to get an invite.

If you are not on the list but have hotel reservation already made in Ouray and you have never been to Ouray and you have time this year? I say take the trip and go have fun. Next year you may not have time. There are tons of vendors you will visit and many things you will learn out there and maybe buy. Also, you will meet a lot forum members in person and put a screen name to a real face. And I promise you, you will truly enjoy Summit almost the same as the people who paid to attend because you will get many opportunities to hangout with many of the other FJ owners. Not to mention learning about any rigs you admire from the owner in person.

I do not have definite plans to go there this year BUT, I already booked my airbnb for 3 nights in Ouray because I am still contemplating on a 10 days road trip and plan on spending 4 of those days in Ouray during the Summit. I love the ambience in Ouray during the Summit.

So, will I be right in saying people will see you in Ouray this year?

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Obviously your chances of getting in through the wait list decreases the longer you waited.
Most people signed on to the list as soon as they missed out on registration.
If you weren't on the list within a few days your chances are getting an invite to register are pretty low.

Reactions: iLuveKetchup

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Obviously your chances of getting in through the wait list decreases the longer you waited.
Most people signed on to the list as soon as they missed out on registration.
If you weren't on the list within a few days your chances are getting an invite to register are pretty low.
Understood. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts