Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to put together a meet and greet for all the FJ's and their owners for June 7th. If anyone is interested please let me know here or pm me with how many and where you will be coming from. We have not come up with a place yet, I will try to get a central location for everyone. Hope to see everyone.

Paul

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
if the meet is not at any offroad trails like uwharrie or tellico, then maybe an outdoor BBQ at a state park would be cool.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, how about a cookout at Uhwarrie on June 7th? If this is ok, let me know. If you want to do it closer to Charlotte area we can do that too. I'm flexible either way. Hope to hear from everyone soon.
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not to be a stick in the mud but I'm not really sure about the drive for just a meet & greet. Is there anywhere closer to us all that could handle a cookout too? If not, I'm sure I can work it out but if we're just getting together for the main purpose of meeting and getting to know each other is there anywhere else? I'm sure after some of our mods we'll be going to Uwharrie soon enough!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mrs. RR, since there doesn't seem like alot of interest in this I think that you are right. Let's try to find someplace closer to home.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mrs. RR, since there doesn't seem like alot of interest in this I think that you are right. Let's try to find someplace closer to home.
Yea it just seemed like those of us who are interested would be going way out of our ways. I'm not saying it has to be in Charlotte but closer to home would be good IMO. I do think the idea of a cookout or something seems like fun though!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
If people just want to get together for a cookout, mingle, and have the option to do some outdoor activity, there are a couple of parks in the charlotte area. i am not from charlotte, so i don't know how these are and how they compare to other parks in the area.

the first one is the US National Whitewater Center (820 Hawfield Road,
Charlotte, NC 28214). it is a man-made white-water river for paddlers. there is also hiking and mountain-biking trails. i thought there were picnic areas but the website does not mention it, so i think a cookout would not be an option there. US National Whitewater Center //// TAKE IT OUTSIDE !!! \\ - Home

the second park is McDowell Nature Center and Preserve (15222 York Road in southwestern Mecklenburg County). picnic areas are available here as well as hiking trails and fishing. McDowell

maybe someone in the Charlotte area knows of some other parks with picnic facilities. I most likely will not be able to make it for a June 7 meet as we are expecting our baby to be born on May 28...our first! i don't know how i forgot about it when i first read this thread...lol...i guess spending time on this forum tends to make one forget what's going on outside of the FJ realm. if by chance we are able to make it, i think it will be fun and nice to meet some other people on this forum.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
So what would be the central location for those that have replied? is Hickory out of the question. Denver is about an hour and 40 minutes for me. just throwing it out there

·
Registered
614 Posts
How about "Cane Creek" Waxhaw, NC (Canoeing, hiking, Mtn Bike)
or "Crowder Mountain" in Gastonia, NC (rock climbing, hiking), I heard something about Lake Norman & Mooresville,
or power line trails in Mooresville, NC:thinkerg:

·
Registered
26 Posts
How about "Cane Creek" Waxhaw, NC (Canoeing, hiking, Mtn Bike)
or "Crowder Mountain" in Gastonia, NC (rock climbing, hiking), I heard something about Lake Norman & Mooresville,
or power line trails in Mooresville, NC:thinkerg:

Those sound like possibilities. I'm all into wanting to meet people but I have no idea where! I just moved up this way from Georgia when I got married in November so I'm not too familiar with what's around or else I'd mention some things too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, checked out Crowders Mountain today and found some very nice picnic places. It's first come first serve. So how about this, 10 am until 2 pm on June 7th. Let me know what y'all think and let me know. If we have enough to justify a pavillion I will try to get one of them. They cost 60 bucks. I hope we have a good turn out.
Thanks
Paul

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.