Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.. How is the guy doing that crashed his FJ in a governmet building parking lot last winter? Last I heard he was taking it back to the body shop.. Hope all is well.. Ron

·
Registered
310 Posts
That is me. My first post in over 6 months.

I am done fighting with the body shop. I am done trying and have decided to just accept it the way it is. My buddy says it looks fine but all I see when I walk up to it on a sunny day is swirls. It has like a cloudy coat to the whole driver’s side compared to the factory paint. My research tells me this was because the screwed up with the humidity at the time of the clear coat and tried to buff it out rather than sand it down and start over. The term they use is "blushing".

Hey before you all jump in and say it will never be factory, trust me I know, but man it should look better that what it does.

I priced out a new one and because of the gas crunch and the rise in the CDN $ since I bought it the trade in value is too freaking low. If I traded I would lose close to $9k, If I sell it I will lose around $7k.

I just love to drive the FJ and the only thing affecting the sheer pleasure I have in owning this truck is the damage I did to it. (I know, get over it).

Either way, work has been a night mare thus my lack of postings. But I have 3 weeks’ vacation starting in just over 5 days. I will take the spare rims I bought and finally paint them, install all the gadgets I bought and fall in love with the beasty once again. Including finishing the LED light install for accent and visibility.

When I have some time I will post pictures of the FJ after I got it back the second time (the paint job that is). And when I get the rims painted and installed I will post those as well.

Later and thanks for the concern!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.