Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So the past month or so I have been considering ordering an ARB Awning (most likely the 6 foot) and I have been also debating the mounts to use with my OEM roof rack. I have read most likely all the forums about awning mounts and couldn't really find anything that interested me. I have some ideas from EBay but not sure if they are compatible with the awning. Any ideas will help. If I can't find anything by the end of the week I will most likely purchase the Gzila Deisgn awning bracket.
Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,853 Posts
We installed some GZilla ones last weekend on a friends truck. They really worked out amazingly. Highly recommend them. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hey guys,
So the past month or so I have been considering ordering an ARB Awning (most likely the 6 foot) and I have been also debating the mounts to use with my OEM roof rack. I have read most likely all the forums about awning mounts and couldn't really find anything that interested me. I have some ideas from EBay but not sure if they are compatible with the awning. Any ideas will help. If I can't find anything by the end of the week I will most likely purchase the Gzila Deisgn awning bracket.
Thanks guys!
So the pic you have shows them at $28, everywhere I've looked they are $85. Got a link to where you found these?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
I have the ARB awning and I am using the GZila awning mounts on my oem roof rack. I've been doing a lot of traveling, camping, and offroading this year and the mounts have held up great. My FJ is my daily driver and I keep the awning mounted all year long except for winter. The mounts keep the awning nice and secure, no movement whatsoever once you tighten them down to the roof rack. These mounts are aluminum so they will not rust, they are also coated with a UV protectant so they will not fade due to sun exposure. I have started to change all of my roof rack mounts to GZila Designs and would recommend them to anyone.

GZila Designs - FJ Cruiser Accessories

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Another vote for GZila. I have his awning mounts and Hi-Lift mounts and they've been fantastic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts