Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the cheaper catback on ebay? Like this one

Premium Member
I have no information on that exhaust. $208 would make me wonder. There are a number of vendors that make exhausts for the FJ. Shiny or chrome plated was not one of my considerations.

I went with the URD. I've posted a link to URD and a link to a forum search for cat-back exhaust. Do check out the forum link.

I chose the URD because of company reputation. Support. High tuck and exits inside the frame rails.. And I got a good price. 馃檪 (personal preference is always a factor)

I would continue what you are doing and gather more information.

Under Dog Racing (URD) 3" Stainless

Forum search for Cat-Back exhaust <<<<< check this!

Good luck with the search!

Registered
Anyone have experience with the cheaper catback on ebay? Like this one

It's a bit off a crapshoot. I've seen some surprisingly decent stuff from ebay, but definitely far more horrible things. If the deal looks too good to be true it probably is. If you just want a little more sound you can do a quality muffler and tip for less than $200 bucks. If you want to do a full cat back I would stick with the better known stuff like magaflow, afe, urd, etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I am simpy replacing the OEM one because its rusted. Not buying because of performance or sound. I see lots of catbacks in the 200-300 range. What makes them any worse than a 600+ system? Its just a muffler and piping?

Other options:

or cheaper

Premium Member
My experience with a cheaper Chinese system was with a grandson's Corolla. Construction and fit were an issue. Headers and a cat-back. Didn't fit well and took it to a muffler shop to get it sorted out. Cost more than the exhaust did. I actually had the headers coated to help with the engine bay temps.

The systems you listed, one is aluminized steel, the less expensive one is 409 SS but still says aluminized? I'd prefer a SS cat-back.

It still boils down to what you want/need and the cost. If it wasn't such a long drive from Norway I'd give you the OEM catback. 馃槈
cheers[1].gif

Premium Member

Premium Member
How much to ship it to New Jersey? 馃槢
Other than some patches I don't ship things especially large parts. Nothing personal... I prefer to drive/meet up with someone in the PNW. I've done that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts