Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.. so this is my first post with pictures in it so bear with me. I'm sure I'm not the only one that wishes that Toyota would have made a mat/liner for the back of the 2nd row seats when they're folded down. I remember seeing a company on the forum that made one big covered the cargo area and the back seats. But I wanted something that I could keep in the car (and cheaper too!) and put it on when the occasion arises instead pulling it out of the garage when needed cause you never know what you may buy! This is what I came up with, a 3' x 4' floor mat from Costco, costed $13.00.

I traced the outline of the seats with some chalk and then pressed the mat down to get a rough outline and then cut. Probably took about 30 mins to do and this is what I ended up with

I've since cut the mat into 2 pieces (didn't have pictures of it cut at the time) , lines up with the 60/40 split of the back row so I can have one side down and still use the mat and also cut some holes so that the tie down hooks stick out. It's probably been one of the most useful things I've done.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Great idea!! I have been wanting to do something like that for a while now. Thanks for posting it:bigthumb:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Great idea! I like the plan of cutting so you can fold one seat down, I do that a lot. Very smart!! :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I like it; simple and functional (and of course, low cost)!

I think I'm gonna do the same thing. Only, I wish I would've thought of it before scratching up the plastic on the rear of the seats... BUT, better late than never.

Plus, it will be nice not to have things slide around as easily as without some sort of covering. You used some double-sided carpet tape to hold it in place?

Kudos... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like it; simple and functional (and of course, low cost)!

I think I'm gonna do the same thing. Only, I wish I would've thought of it before scratching up the plastic on the rear of the seats... BUT, better late than never.

Plus, it will be nice not to have things slide around as easily as without some sort of covering. You used some double-sided carpet tape to hold it in place?

Kudos... :bigthumb:
Thanks! I didn't use any kind of tape to hold it in place, I thought about it but decided against it because it would make it harder to remover when needed. The mat itself actually stays in place pretty good by itself since it's got a rubber bottom. If you cut it so that the edges go right up to the wheel well it doesn't move. Also, I cut the hold for the hooks on the back of the seat a little tighter so it'll stay in place too.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks like a cool idea, I like that very cheap any easy!!!:bigthumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts