Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a cheap dyno to get a base line and then after mods?

I just ordered some Doug thorley long tubes, Doug thorley y pipe and Jba exhaust and may get the maf sensor calibrator once they have it back in stock and wanted to measure the gains if the dyno wasn't too far and doesn't cost too much.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
do a google search.The ones I know are in Torrance.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
They rent out the Dyno too. Wonder if we can do a Dyno day? It's 600 bucks for all day. I wonder if we can get interest. How many FJs can you Dyno in 8 hours? 10? That would be 60 bucks a piece. Pricey?

Whats the difference between engine dyno and chasis dyno?

Would be cool to get a combo of set ups (supercharged, CAI w/ exhaust, CAI with stock exhaust, all stock etc...)

·
Registered
300 Posts
They rent out the Dyno too. Wonder if we can do a Dyno day? It's 600 bucks for all day. I wonder if we can get interest. How many FJs can you Dyno in 8 hours? 10? That would be 60 bucks a piece. Pricey?

Whats the difference between engine dyno and chasis dyno?

Would be cool to get a combo of set ups (supercharged, CAI w/ exhaust, CAI with stock exhaust, all stock etc...)
with engine dyno, you get the flywheel horsepower numbers (along with torque).
chassis dyno, that's when you put the vehicle on the rollers and get the ''at the wheel" horsepower and torque numbers.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'd be possibly interested if we could get one together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts