Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Again, reviving this thread. Agromer, were you able to insert the bladder between the springs and the padding from the bottom of the seat back, as described above?

·
A-Team Moderator
9,472 Posts
Again, reviving this thread. Agromer, were you able to insert the bladder between the springs and the padding from the bottom of the seat back, as described above?
Agromer was last seen Oct 4, 2018 You can check dates by hovering or clicking on any username. Welcome to the party!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ah! Good tip. Thanks!

Anyone else has done this mod? I noticed the bladder in the blood pressure cuff that Walmart sells is the size of a fist, not a long rectangular shape as you'd expect for this application...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Ah! Good tip. Thanks!

Anyone else has done this mod? I noticed the bladder in the blood pressure cuff that Walmart sells is the size of a fist, not a long rectangular shape as you'd expect for this application...
Yes I tried it, but it was under aftermarket seat covers. It did not feel right to me, just was not the right shape.

I bought some memory foam which I cut to ~11"x11" and I think it is ~2" thick. Trimmed the top edge so there is a thickness transition from the top to ~3" down. I placed in underneath the aftermarket seat cover. When you first get in it feels too thick (especially when cold); however, after a few minutes you sink in and it forms around your backside. Only had this for a month or so (longest drive ~1.5 hours) and it feels good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Coincidentally, yesterday I tried a piece of foam like this myself, and I think it works well. But I'd definitely like to insert it in the back of the seat, ideally behind the existing foam so it looks like it was installed by the factory.

So, the question is how to accomplish this. I very much doubt I can slide this piece of foam in from the opening at the bottom of the seat back, especially behind the front foam... I noticed that behind the seat back there are what appear to be two zippers running down on left/right edges, but I didn't see how I could open them. Anyone knows what those are and how to open them? And is that a good way into the seat back?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts