Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subwoofer link

Watch Hand Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

This is a drop in replacement for the factory subwoofer driver that still utilizes the factory built in amplifier. The GRS 8SW-4 is a great cheap option that makes a huge difference to volume and sound quality with minor enclosure modifications that don't require full disassembly. poly-fill and mild sound deadening makes a huge difference and helps stops unwanted vibrations. The factory amp pushes around 100watts though this driver which is plenty for lots of sound. SIMPLE WIRING AND INSTALL MAKES IT A GOOD NOVICE UPGRADE

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Gas Steering wheel Circle Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice post. Could you be more detailed in how to wire it up and what you used for deadening in the front and what specifically is the white stuff- cotton?
Sound deadening is killmat from Amazon and the white stuff is poly-fill "synthetic pillow stuffing" wiring is just connecting the two output pairs into one and plugging it into the speaker.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The factory sub is a dual voice coil design. I don't really understand what that means other than it has two pairs of speaker connections. As a result, I replaced mine with a sub that also had dual voice coils. Is this sub dual or single voice coil? If single, how does this sub wire up, given that?
It's single 4 ohm. The factory one is dual 3 ohm wired parallel so it's a 6 ohm speaker. Just tie the two output pairs into one. The amp can handle the lower impedance just fine. Mine has been installed for 2 years with no issues

1 - 5 of 5 Posts