Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but I just found this out this weekend and took advantage of it by filling up all three of our cars.

The older style, scrolling number gas pumps are limited at $3.99. Not because the owner of the station doesnt want to charge more, but the pump itself is limited at $3.99!

The Getty stations around here in Westchester (sleepy hollow) sells regular at $3.99! Next door at the BP it's $4.21, and up the street in Ossining it's $4.45!

Found an article to support this >> Old-Style Pumps Balk At $4-a-Gallon Gas, Too - washingtonpost.com

:wave:

·
Registered
835 Posts
This harkens back the old days when gas hit 99 and 9/10s and was stuck there until they could retrofit the pumps.

Sadly, when it becomes economically viable to update the pumps, they will make every penny back. Get it while it's hot.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Better be carefull, the older gas stations mention just got an emergency approval to charge in 1/2 gallons increments because of the problem of not being able to go above $3.99 per gallon.
It would suck to see a sign for $2.99, and to find out it's per half gallon after you topped off.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Woah, that'd suck. I'll keep an eye out the next time I fill up.. tomorrow.

Filling up every two and a half days is really cutting into my mod and slush fund.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
The 1/2 gallon rule if I can remember I think was for NYC, but Westchester is pretty quick with certain rules/regs.

what's saving me is I commute via bicycle to work. @24 miles round trip. funny thing is it take about the same amount of time. savin a ton on gas money. But it only get's redirect to mods. so I'm still broke no matter what.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts