Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't do a ton of wheelin but will occasionally, I do go camping a couple times of year as well, so it'd be nice some lights. I can't believe how expensive good lights are now. I was talkin to a friend of mine who's heavily into offroading and he said these lights are suprisingly good and you can't beat the price, anyone have any experience with these? They'd be going on my bumper
Custom Accessories 99000 - HID Offroad Light | O'Reilly Auto Parts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I believe there are several guys on the forums who have installed these lights.
I wouldn't doubt these lights are good for the money.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I typed my zip code and they gave me several Kragen stores in the area so they are the Kragen lights many have used on here. i have personally seen these used at night on other FJ and they work great especially for the price.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked them up tonight for $135ea. They are the Kragen ones. Here in SoCal, O'Reily bought out Kragen so now the stores have started changing over all the signs and everything. Glad people have had good luck with them. My friend who told me about them swears by them. He has them on his 4Runner. He got his on sale a few months ago for only $89 when O'Reily was doing the switch out from being Kragen so everything was on sale. Bummed I missed the sale, but glad I got the lights. My friend Matt was saying even though they're only 35-watts, that they were brighter than the old 100-Watt Halogen KC Daylighters. Can't wait to install all the wiring and everything. I put them onto my bumper just to see how they'd look and they look great! I'll post pix tomorrow when there's daylight so you can see them mounted.

Does anyone know of any good covers for them? I'd love to be able to use the mesh style grills like the PIAA's or KC's. Not because I want to pretend they're something they're not, but more because I like the look of the covers better than the clear Lexan covers that came with the lights.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you want to save even more money, you could do an HID conversion on a pair of Hella 500 or 700's for around $100. IMO it's the best lighting for the price.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/74716-kragen-hids.html

^17 page thread on the lights. If you are looking for a flood light they are hard to beat for the money. However, you don't get great distance with them. I ended up selling my 7" lights and went with a Lightforce 55W 240HIDs to obtain better distance.
Thanks for the link! After everything I've read, I'm very happy I bought these lights. They're really getting good reviews, especially for the price. I still need to get them wired. I ordered the factory Aux light switches so I can put them into one of my switch blanks and make it look nice and factory.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I purchased the 4" installed two behind the grill they are great. They don't carry a ton of distance but I don't drive that fast offroad at night. they are perfect for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts