Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
i have ordered them from this seller and shipping was fast. Great switches i ordered 2. these are some nice switches.

eBay Motors: TOYOTA TACOMA OEM FOG LAMP SWITCH 05-07 (item 300191572612 end time Jan-27-08 08:11:36 PST)

Yes, they are cheap and nice.
Though you also need to buy the plastic (terminal) connector and the 4 splice wires from your local dealer.

Here are the P/N's;

90980-11090 Electrical Connector, Terminal ~ $3.49
82998-12340 Repair, Wire splice ~ $5.46

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes, they are cheap and nice.
You also need to buy the plastic (terminal) connector and the 4 splice wires from your local dealer.
or you can solder wires directly to it and shrink wrap. i would just and bullet connectors to the wire so you can remove them when you want. This is another cheap solution.

·
Registered
816 Posts

found this on another thread. here are the pin outs.so , now you have part numbers and pin outs.

Just to be clear, this pinout is for the original switch listed on EBay, not the $13 switch as picture by Oscarr. Oscarr's switch only has 3 connections to the back of it.

So then, does anyone have the pin out for the switch Oscarr pictures (00550-35976)?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I checked mine from the Honda / Isuzu - it is almost the same but it has a fifth terminal and an LED that lights up when energized - exactly the same size, shape, etc. made by TEC. I think the fifth prong may have something to do with an override - when the high beams were activated the fogs went off.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Just to be clear, this pinout is for the original switch listed on EBay, not the $13 switch as picture by Oscarr. Oscarr's switch only has 3 connections to the back of it.

So then, does anyone have the pin out for the switch Oscarr pictures (00550-35976)?

I figured it out....

IPF Lead -> terminal on Taco Rocker Switch (with light on switch UP)
---------------------------------------
Black -> Top (Ground)
Red -> Middle (Hot)
Black/White -> Bottom (Relay control)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I checked mine from the Honda / Isuzu - it is almost the same but it has a fifth terminal and an LED that lights up when energized - exactly the same size, shape, etc. made by TEC. I think the fifth prong may have something to do with an override - when the high beams were activated the fogs went off.

jhaydeno, you have any pics of this switch you speak of? or know where they can be seen?

·
Registered
289 Posts
jhaydeno, you have any pics of this switch you speak of? or know where they can be seen?
Residual, take a peek at these pics - If you need more info let me know. I haven't actually stuck it in a toyota hole, but it is exactly the same size and the blank off is the same piece as the toyota switches, atrac, vsc, reverse, etc. I can ohm out pins and map it if anyone wants to try one. Again, this is a TEC switch used in Honda / Isuzu for the last 8 or ten years.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Residual, take a peek at these pics - If you need more info let me know. I haven't actually stuck it in a toyota hole, but it is exactly the same size and the blank off is the same piece as the toyota switches, atrac, vsc, reverse, etc. I can ohm out pins and map it if anyone wants to try one. Again, this is a TEC switch used in Honda / Isuzu for the last 8 or ten years.

taht switch looks good. it looks differtent from the tacoma switch. but it has an led.... :) the corners look more sqaure.

do you have a pics next to any fj oem switch??

would you be able to get a plug and pins for it???

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'm sure the plug is still available for it - it is still used in the rodeo's. You could also go to any junkyard and cut one out of any Isuzu / Honda wiring harness!
I'll pop a blank cover out of the FJ tonight when it gets home (wife stole it) and get a pic next to the toyota switches.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Is eBay item number: 180245391012 the same switch as you guys have used?

Thanks,

Paul.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm sure the plug is still available for it - it is still used in the rodeo's. You could also go to any junkyard and cut one out of any Isuzu / Honda wiring harness!
I'll pop a blank cover out of the FJ tonight when it gets home (wife stole it) and get a pic next to the toyota switches.
was it ever determined if these switches fit?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts