Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what place has the best deal on a installed FJ windshield?

I kinda got mad and "tossed" my cell into the FJ windshield from inside...yes it did crack...lots of cracking! so whats a new one going to cost?

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Anyone know what place has the best deal on a installed FJ windshield?

I kinda got mad and "tossed" my cell into the FJ windshield from inside...yes it did crack...lots of cracking! so whats a new one going to cost?
Before you shop for a cheap replacement, take a look at this thread and the link inside (http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/general-discussion/38964-do-you-care-about-your-windshield-must-see.html). There some scary stuff with aftermarket windshields and installation.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I hear you men, i also have my share of broken/tossed cell phones..... :cheers:

i haven't replaced my glass yet, but i bet some one here can get you a good deal.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
Just "kinda" mad? You must have thrown the cell phone REALLY hard or else you must have a rock for a phone. ;)

In any event, I've had my windshield replaced twice recently. It was insured and only paid $100 each time, but the invoice cost was about $900. Don't think you can do it for much less than that, unless you can find an after market source for the windshield, which I doubt. Only about $100 of that was labor, the rest was for the factory windshield and trim piece at the top of the windshield (that some say can be removed w/o having to replace it, but don't count on it) and some adhesive.

In any event, your insurance policy should cover this, even if you did it yourself. You could lie (not that I'm saying you should) and say it came from a rock, but there wouldn't be a ding from the outside, but I assume you'll know how to remedy that! Of course, this doesn't include the cost of replacing your phone as well. Good luck and, if you're going to throw your phone again, allow me to suggest that you just throw it at the ground instead and have a back-up phone handy. :wave:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
In any event, I've had my windshield replaced twice recently. It was insured and only paid $100 each time, but the invoice cost was about $900. Don't think you can do it for much less than that, unless you can find an after market source for the windshield, which I doubt. :wave:
He may be able to find one cheaper because I have found that glass companies will often charge insurance companies more than they charge the individual (without insurance) for a windshield replacement.

·
Registered
734 Posts
i used safelite for my nissan's windshield and it was really cheap.. can't remember the price exactly, but I think it was little over 200 or something..

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
i got a quote recently as i have a crack and they told me 555.94 installed with a new trim piece.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got a quote recently as i have a crack and they told me 555.94 installed with a new trim piece.
from who?

P.S. I have a LG V and you can NOT hurt this cell.... TRUST ME i abuse the poop out of it lol... and it just keeps working... looks scratched to hell... but never fails.... My cell had taken my anger well... and soon I am getting the new LG dare.. even tho its not as strong :flame: I guess ill need to control the anger :boohoo:

O and it was kinda mad.. the LG V is a brick of a cell... but is strong as a brick as well!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts