Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you all for all the posts, PMs, and emails about wanting a cheaper Y pipe.

We worked with our good friends at Doug Thorley and asked if they could help us out with production of a cheaper Y pipe. They can mass produce exhaust parts more efficently with robotic mig welders and cheaper materials like aluminized steel instead of expensive stainless steel.

Here is the result:

We got some in today and they are ready to ship out!!!

Just click here and order it up!!!

Anything else you want??

Gadget

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Not to sound ignorant, but what's that going to do for me?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Will most deff be ordering one of these next Friday (payday). Whats the differences between the original design?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Will this be CA legal? C.A.R.B.? Any pics of it installed? Any dyno test results? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
You just had to go and do this didn't you!?

You'll be hearing from me in a week or two..

P.S. I live in lake forest, right around the corner from URD.. think i could just go pick one up?

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
AACK!!! Ok, I will be in on monday to pick one up.... I hate you guys.... :D

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Do you think the smog station when doing an inspection is gonna notice 2 of the 4 cats are missing? Are there o2 sensors in these cats? Considering getting one.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
i would imagine you would need the stock one to pass the visual inspection for a smog. The new y pipe does have the o2 sensor bungs in it, so you just remove and replace you r sensors into the new y pipe and bolt it up.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Do you think the smog station when doing an inspection is gonna notice 2 of the 4 cats are missing? Are there o2 sensors in these cats? Considering getting one.

Depends how much $$$$ you want to sneak the guy.

This would be real real easy to take on and off.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Thanks guys. I have something to think about now. Maybe after you guys get yours on I will have to swing by and check things out. Peace!:wave:

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not to sound ignorant, but what's that going to do for me?
What this does is it replaces the stock Y pipe on your truck.

If you crawl under your FJ and look at the stock Y pipe, you will see that it pinches down very small as it passes under the transfer case. That part is the lowest part of the truck and the first thing to get mashed when off roading.

I wheeled with a Tacoma guy and he mashed his completely shut and the engine just did not want to run. That is when I got the idea to do the URD Y pipes to get that rock grabbing thing out of harms way and tuck it up for more protection.

The side benefit is it also removes the rear cats for better exhaust flow, better performance, and hopefully better MPG.

Gadget

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will this be CA legal? C.A.R.B.? Any pics of it installed? Any dyno test results? Thanks.
Nope, nope, yes, and nope.

There is a picture of a rough prototype on a Tacoma 4x4. They considered putting small mufflers in it at one time. This was not done on the production FJ version.

Gadget

·
Vendor
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You will not set any codes or check engine lights when the Y pipe is installed.

On the 1GR-FE engine, the O2 sensor that monitors the health of the cats is right after the first cat and in front of the second. When you remove the second cat, the ECU has no idea it is gone. One thing made simple...

Gadget

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Call first.

We are short staffed for a couple of weeks. Vacations and all. I flew in from MD to man the store while Brian took a vacation.

Gadget
ok, I will make sure to :)

1 - 20 of 135 Posts