101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Bye bye, Yammy
And that just turned your 7 day ban under Yammy into a permanent ban.
To quote Boston (city of) Na Na Na Na.....Na Na Na Na....Hey Hey Hey.....good Bye. Ok, give me some time if needed Dragon, I just couldn't resist!!!!!! I apologize for my moment of weakness.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just ordered mine, hope to have it installed next week! I asked earlier, but no one answered...what paint/coating do you guys recommend to put on this to keep rust away? I live in MN and the salty winters are a killer on exhausts.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Just got minput on and it sounds great. it was kinda a pain to put on but it wasnt that bad.

My question is this: Is it supposed kinda raspy up high and under hard acceleration? Mine sounds raspy under those conditions. All the bolts are tight as they will go. The flange where it meets the old exhaust isnt flush together but its as tight as it will get. It didnt really sound like a leak, but then it kinda did.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just ordered mine, hope to have it installed next week! I asked earlier, but no one answered...what paint/coating do you guys recommend to put on this to keep rust away? I live in MN and the salty winters are a killer on exhausts.
I say just get some High temp engine paint and spray away.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Will URD continue to offer the SS version? If so for how long?

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
For anyone who already has this installed: The rasp goes away a bit after yuo get a few miles on the pipe.. but it still is there.

Funny experiment though, start the engine up when it's cold and give it some throttle under load... it is the funniest sound in the world. FJ sounds like goped breathing in helium. :lol:

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
For anyone who already has this installed: The rasp goes away a bit after yuo get a few miles on the pipe.. but it still is there.

Funny experiment though, start the engine up when it's cold and give it some throttle under load... it is the funniest sound in the world. FJ sounds like goped breathing in helium. :lol:
Ive noticed the rasp getting better. Sure has a nice mellow/throaty sound with my TRD exhaust. Rasp is still there at WOT, but I noticed some other trucks sound similar so Im not concerned now.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Glad to hear the rasp is normal... although, i'm not too fond of it. wasn't sure if I had an exhaust leak . but i'm hearing all these funky noises with the long tubes.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
OK is this rasp only evident on the DT Y Pipe?? Someone was going to be putting this on with an AFE exhaust and I havent been able to filter through all the other BS on this thread to see how that install turned out. I think it was GTRockett. Would like to hear how it turned out and if the rasp is there also.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
OK is this rasp only evident on the DT Y Pipe?? Someone was going to be putting this on with an AFE exhaust and I havent been able to filter through all the other BS on this thread to see how that install turned out. I think it was GTRockett. Would like to hear how it turned out and if the rasp is there also.

:cheers::cheers:
Don't have it with the URD y-pipe, maybe it's me but I have never noticed it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Alright just placed my order. Can't wait for the possible group buy. Hopefully it gets here by the middle of next week. The Y-pipe will be mated to a aFe exhaust.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Will URD continue to offer the SS version? If so for how long?
Did I miss the answer to my q?

Never mind I finally found it on their web site. It was hidden well.

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
Alright just placed my order. Can't wait for the possible group buy. Hopefully it gets here by the middle of next week. The Y-pipe will be mated to a aFe exhaust.
Group buy of what??? I don't think there is going to be a group buy for the Doug thorley and the URD y-pipe was having troubles getting a group buy going.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just ordered mine on Wednesday, cant wait to hook it up, I got the K&N intake under the hood, TRD exhuast in the rear. Should sound great

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just a bump to see what you guys think of your Y-pipes now that they have been installed for a while. Any issues with rust on the DT? I live on the coast in northwestern Mexico, just south of Arizona so things rust pretty quick here. Any leak issues? How is the sound? I do alot of highway driving and don't want to deal with a loud drone. Any change in MPG? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just got mine and I hope to install Friday. I will have it on by Sunday. This winter I will find out about any rust since I live in Kansas. The winter might be bad this year also.
Mike

·
Premium Member
16,790 Posts
I just got mine and I hope to install Friday. I will have it on my Sunday. This winter I will find out about any rust since I live in Kansas. The winter might be bad this year also.
Mike
Hope you have two correct sized gaskets for it.

101 - 120 of 135 Posts