Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,
I am a proud new owner of a 2007 (177K miles) Toyota FJ Cruiser. I am very excited to have one as I have always wanted one.

When I purchased, the following lights were on (see picture). My father-in-law had a Sequoia with the same lights. He ran some fuel inject cleaner through the gas tank (I've done that and it is still working through the tank) and cleaned the mass airflow sensor (also done that) then ran the engine at high RPMs and the exhaust blew a bunch of black smoke and the lights turned off. I have done these things, black smoke came out, exhaust smoke cleared and the lights are still on. I am not sure what to do. Can any of y'all help? Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Have you checked to see what codes that may be stored? Check those and address those for starters.(OBD2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey y'all,
I am a proud new owner of a 2007 (177K miles) Toyota FJ Cruiser. I am very excited to have one as I have always wanted one.

When I purchased, the following lights were on (see picture). My father-in-law had a Sequoia with the same lights. He ran some fuel inject cleaner through the gas tank (I've done that and it is still working through the tank) and cleaned the mass airflow sensor (also done that) then ran the engine at high RPMs and the exhaust blew a bunch of black smoke and the lights turned off. I have done these things, black smoke came out, exhaust smoke cleared and the lights are still on. I am not sure what to do. Can any of y'all help? Thank you in advance for your help. View attachment 1135380

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
First time ever being in a forum but I'm stuck and I'm not sure what to do. So I just inherited my wife's 2007 stick drive Fj crusier. It's got 184k on it. I started to turn it into a trail/off-road vehicle. I bought a smittybilt bumper and a winch. Just finished installing today and I have the Fj christmas tree light on my dash now. Could it be that there is too much weight on the front of the car now. I havn't put a lift on it yet and I plan on replacing the shocks this week. Any suggustions?

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
King, as was stated in the thread above, you have to get the code(s) read from the OBDII and tell us what it says is wrong. The lights are only to grab one's attention, the OBDII will explain what the sensors are saying.

Then, bring that information here so we can help you interpret what that means (the sensors give clues, not hard answers).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts