Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Midwest Owners, im back, planning on wheeling quite a bit and I have my first trip planned and on the books. Im leaving Thursday night the 17th and arriving in Moab UT on the 18th some time and camping that night somewhere.

I am then wheeling for 3 nights 3 days and finishing my trip in Sedona for a business conference that I have on Tuesday Morning. Return Trip im planning on visiting the Superlift offroad park in Arkansas on the way home during feb 25-25-27th. or the Frost Bite Gathering at the Kansas Rocks on the 26th.

Does anyone from the mid west want to join in on the fun of either weekend or both?

Im aware that the big Moab planned trip is probably going to be March 2-3 or 8th weekends but I would rather wheel when it is less crowded earlier in the season.

Throwing it out there. Im leaving after work hours on the 17th. Anyone is welcome to join along.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Well I will be at frostbite it is the KRRP's largest event pm me if you come this way motels are in Fort Scott KS. Killer raffle 150 plus rigs not as large a park as superlift looks like lots of fun to be had!:rocker: In Moab I stayed at the LaQuinta the beds are so comfy. I used Outlaw jeep tours to guide me and keep me out of trouble.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good to hear from you again Joe. Moab and the southwest sounds great this time of year. Right now my travel plans are limited due to lack of income. Hope to wheel with you again soon.
John

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I thought I was scarce around these parts! Good to see you Joe! I'm holding out on traveling due to new grandchildren! Good luck on your trip and don't be a stranger! I'd love to wheel with you again!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phil... It is good to hear from you... last I heard you had a LC 62 and loved it until you got to the trail and it was a bit bigger than you wanted....

Im back, I have an FJC... you tend to disappear for awhile when you rig gets stolen and burned....

·
Registered
929 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! Good to have you back in the 4X4 family. Sounds like a good trip you got. I did Ouray and Moab in July. You will LOVE Moab. Here is my youtube channel to get you psyched. As you can see, I no longer fear rubbing the truck against obstacles like slick rock. One of these days you, Phil, and I will get Cred and that Def. 90 out again. We're getting the band back together!

YouTube - Go2ISU's Channel

Are you still stock? How about some pics? We gotta hook up, maybe BW's down the street sometime? Got some mods to show off :bigthumb:

Kevin

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea... Your Video is for sure making me wana go like today!!

The Truck is stock for now.....Mods are in UPS/fedex already!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Phil... It is good to hear from you... last I heard you had a LC 62 and loved it until you got to the trail and it was a bit bigger than you wanted....

Im back, I have an FJC... you tend to disappear for awhile when you rig gets stolen and burned....
I still enjoy the 62. It just took a bit to get used to. There's a ton of body roll to get used to! My youngest son uses it as his DD and it's still loved.

I went old school and got a SOA FJ40. It's amazing! I tried to get Kevin to come for a ride but he still winces from his last ride in an old LC! :lol:

I'm glad to see you're back in the FJC fold. That sure is a pretty truck! I can't wait to see what you're going to do with it!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I can't wait to see what you do to it as well. You have some great modifications on your previous rig.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Clarance... You still have the D90? Thanks for the ride in it a few years back.. No offense, but im glad I did not go that way. Not enough room in that truck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts