Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
I read the article when it came out. I think it's high praise from a "critic". He mentions that the FJ did everything the H2 and the LandRovers did on a course in Elkhart Lake, WI.
....in fact, I kept the article for posterity :)

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
Actually, that is not the entire aritcle, either. But from what is there, I like this
"It went everywhere the bigger and more expensive boys did--up and down hills, over boulders and tree limbs--and just as easily.

It's not an off-road pretender. When the going gets tough, the FJ keeps going wherever the nose points.

If into serious off-roading, FJ deserves to be considered alongside the higher priced rivals. But if your only off-roading will be to pick up the mail from the shoulder of the road, the FJ for the daily commute is like buying a Dodge Viper to take the kids to school.

When last we looked, there were no dirt and sand covered inclines on the Kennedy Expressway or any trees or boulders blocking Interstate 88.

FJ is fairly civil on the road. You aren't bounced up, down and around the cabin as you would be off-road. And it comes with stability and traction control along with four-wheel anti-lock brakes to ensure you don't wiggle and wobble and lean and sway on the road as you would off of it."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts