Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm extremely interested in purchasing the FJ Cruiser. Currently I have a 3 yr old with another on the way. Any idea how difficult it will be getting the kids in and out of the back seat?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Somewhere between a 2 door and 4 door i would imagine ;)
Does not look like it would be too difficult, swing open the suicides
and place/snatch the buggers. Like a box of kitty litter or laundry
detergent from Sams Club.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The doors may actually end up being an advantage over a 4 door. The angle of the door opening may make getting kids strapped down a little easier.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Shouldn't be too much of a problem with the suicide doors. Also you won't be bending down to put the kiddies in (currently have a 4 door sedan and putting them in their car seats by bending down is the killer! also on many occasions I've either knocked their heads on the inside roof or on the door trying to put them in, :-0 )

Also seens close up pictures of the rear seats, and also confirmed by my source at Toyota that the FJ does have the LATCH system so installing car seats should not be a problem.

T

·
Registered
378 Posts
WickedOne said:
I'm extremely interested in purchasing the FJ Cruiser. Currently I have a 3 yr old with another on the way. Any idea how difficult it will be getting the kids in and out of the back seat?

Everyone let me know about this. This will be my final desicsion !! My wife has a bun in the oven and I have to convince her that this vehicle is baby freindly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would recommend testing the door configuration of a Tacoma access cab or Element. Both have similar doors.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
get a roofrack and a couple bungie cords....

i kid i kid....i have a 6 and 3 yr old with their recaro "racing" seats (plug for recaro - really tight kids seats as well as the regular stuff). this is one of the hinging factors for me as well - cant stand the kids kicking on my chair and putting their feet up (which is dangerous anyway). there's not a lot of room in the back, but i figure if full sized dudes can sit back there for any length of time it should be fine. the door configuration will be a plus because like someone said above, the angle of entry when you're hunched over trying to get that crazy kid strapped in without pinching your friggin finger to the bone. in my opinion it will be fine. plus, how cool will you look rollin up in this destroyer - you'll be the coolest dad ever. buy one!!!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
If you want a reference, check out the SEMA pictures on the Toyota FJ Cruiser site. For reference, picture two in the top row of the images is me at 6'2" in the front passenger seat and another guy over 6' in the back seat. Now, it may look cramped, but I can assure that with a 36" inseem that is rather comfortable especially compared to other vehicles - like miniature sedans.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I thought my face was way more offensive than my shirt.... it's L.L. Bean, they make wicked nice outdoor gear - lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
rough looking crew. but weren't you supposed to be flashing the SOR, single index finger, proctologists salute? No don't no no don't.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Yeah, that'll pretty much guarantee your celibacy...

HA! I knew I was funny lookin', but WOW! I had no idea it was that bad. I look like I had a stroke or something. I couldn't sleep the entire night before SEMA, I was WAY too excited to get to go and play in/on/around an FJ all day. Even at SEMA, that thing kicked ass. I can't wait to get mine. With every passing day - one day closer to my FJ!

·
Registered
963 Posts
My dad and I are both over 6' tall and I sat in the back of the FJ Cruiser with the door closed and my dad in the driver seat and he had it where he likes it (back way far with the seat back tipped down a bit) and I had plenty of room in the back. I was really impressed with the headroom, there was alot! And I believe Toyota is fitting them with the LATCH system so I think having child seats is going to be no problem. There's plenty of room in there and no B pillar with all the doors open is nice and makes it easy to get in and out and get cargo in and out.

I think it would be just fine for kids.

- LC

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Personally, I will be banning the pressence of children inside my FJ. But, the back seat is totally reserved for the Rottie. She'll love having her own space.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Pictures of the back seat can be deceiving just for the simple fact that the person in the backseat photos is always leaning forward to get in the picture. So there is more room in the backseat than meets the eye !! :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts