Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, so were you guys serious about the chili cookoff on the first night?

I want to begin planning exactly what this night will entail, and that there are no holes left. If you all are doing this, please post here!! thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Sounds like fun as long as I have option to put some not so normal meat into the chili. Don't worry I will not put Scott Tennerman's parents in it.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah - night of the 16th

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Talked to K2 and Halley. We are game to make some Cinci-Tex-Mex chili with a twist! Margaritas at my table!...

I hope this won't be judged. I tend to well up and cry like an off-key American Idol contestant....

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm up for a batch of New Mexico Chili. But are we going to be able to feed 600? We need a loaves and fishes kind of thing.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I'm up for a batch of New Mexico Chili. But are we going to be able to feed 600? We need a loaves and fishes kind of thing.
Count me in....

Why not charge a little bit for a sampler of chilis and donate the proceeds to some worthy cause.

Doc

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys!! Anyone else? Please stay committed if you commit to this, so we can have some eats for everyone.

A surprise guest will be serving cheese and crackers too....

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Oh ya. I like to name mine after one of my favorite hot sauces "Fire In The Hole!" :rocker: Bring it! Oh ya, and bring some ice cold 808s (beers).
Mine is one of those that isn't spicy to the tongue off the spoon but after 5-10 bites, you wonder where that drop of sweat came from that just dropped off the tip of your nose...

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
thanks guys!! Anyone else? Please stay committed if you commit to this, so we can have some eats for everyone.

A surprise guest will be serving cheese and crackers too....
C.W. McCall? Will he sing Convoy??? Please????

·
Registered
313 Posts
Im in, is this Texas chili, green, red? with beans w/o or is it just what ever we decide to make and call chili?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Fatbob doesn't do Texas Chili. Only good old New Mexico Chili Con Carne.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Here are some great questions:

How much Chili do you plan to make? I usually will make up about 2 Gallons. I plan to make it ahead of time and freeze it for the trip.

Are we doing this from scratch in the parking lot or is it ok to make it ahead of time and bring it up?

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Two gallons sounds about right. Tiny taster bowls?

I'm cookin in the lot. What's the fun in having it pre-made?

I suggest one rule: No road kill.

CincyNewTexMexNativeAmeriChinoTurkeyGatorChili (Hungarian Veggie style.)

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Two gallons sounds about right. Tiny taster bowls?

I'm cookin in the lot. What's the fun in having it pre-made?

I suggest one rule: No road kill.

CincyNewTexMexNativeAmeriChinoTurkeyGatorChili (Hungarian Veggie style.)
Well, by making it ahead of time I can cook it for six to eight hours and let it rest, and everyone knows that chili tastes way better the longer it simmers and sets up. This way I can just bring it with me and reheat it there.

Otherwise, to make chili we are talking at least four hours of drinking oops I meant cooking =). It's a huge ordeal. I'll need at least two burners, fry pans, a huge pot, all of the ingredients, you get my point?

Let's all agree on this please. I don't have a problem cooking it there.:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts