Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, so were you guys serious about the chili cookoff on the first night?

I want to begin planning exactly what this night will entail, and that there are no holes left. If you all are doing this, please post here!! thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Sounds like fun as long as I have option to put some not so normal meat into the chili. Don't worry I will not put Scott Tennerman's parents in it.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Talked to K2 and Halley. We are game to make some Cinci-Tex-Mex chili with a twist! Margaritas at my table!...

I hope this won't be judged. I tend to well up and cry like an off-key American Idol contestant....

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm up for a batch of New Mexico Chili. But are we going to be able to feed 600? We need a loaves and fishes kind of thing.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys!! Anyone else? Please stay committed if you commit to this, so we can have some eats for everyone.

A surprise guest will be serving cheese and crackers too....

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Oh ya. I like to name mine after one of my favorite hot sauces "Fire In The Hole!" :rocker: Bring it! Oh ya, and bring some ice cold 808s (beers).
Mine is one of those that isn't spicy to the tongue off the spoon but after 5-10 bites, you wonder where that drop of sweat came from that just dropped off the tip of your nose...

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
thanks guys!! Anyone else? Please stay committed if you commit to this, so we can have some eats for everyone.

A surprise guest will be serving cheese and crackers too....
C.W. McCall? Will he sing Convoy??? Please????

·
Registered
313 Posts
Im in, is this Texas chili, green, red? with beans w/o or is it just what ever we decide to make and call chili?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Two gallons sounds about right. Tiny taster bowls?

I'm cookin in the lot. What's the fun in having it pre-made?

I suggest one rule: No road kill.

CincyNewTexMexNativeAmeriChinoTurkeyGatorChili (Hungarian Veggie style.)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Two gallons sounds about right. Tiny taster bowls?

I'm cookin in the lot. What's the fun in having it pre-made?

I suggest one rule: No road kill.

CincyNewTexMexNativeAmeriChinoTurkeyGatorChili (Hungarian Veggie style.)
Well, by making it ahead of time I can cook it for six to eight hours and let it rest, and everyone knows that chili tastes way better the longer it simmers and sets up. This way I can just bring it with me and reheat it there.

Otherwise, to make chili we are talking at least four hours of drinking oops I meant cooking =). It's a huge ordeal. I'll need at least two burners, fry pans, a huge pot, all of the ingredients, you get my point?

Let's all agree on this please. I don't have a problem cooking it there.:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts