Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colorado Land Cruiser's are going to be doing our monthly run to China Wall. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested. It is supposed to be a mellow run, but there might be some snow to play around in. We are going to have lunch at the bottom and there should be a few grills to cook hot dogs if you like. We are meeting up at the western gas station in woodland park at 8:30 am on saturday.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am very interested in this run. It has been far to long since I got out and played. I'll Let you know for sure tomorrow afternoon if I can make it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be great to have another fj out on the trail with us. Hope you can make it but if you can't there is always next time.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Everyone had a good time. No one broke down, but we did have one guy get hung up a bit on an obstacle and he used the high lift to wedge himself down while someone else drove. I got to try china wall out. I don't think my bumper would clear the steep side, so I took the shallow side. When we got to the end they got the grill out and had some elk brauts. I banged up my sliders and skids a few times and almost got hung up myself. Not much snow on that trail like we were hoping for but the day was beautiful. If anyone wants to come out with us just go to the website coloradolandcruisers.org and look at the calendar. Here are some pics.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ugh, wish I could have made it. It looks like it was an amazing day. I ended up working on the cruiser friday, and what I thought would take a few hours took me two days to complete. So, sorry I missed next time.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I must have missed this area when I was out there with the MilitaryJeepers. There is a bunch of trails out there though. We ended up down at a river, which I found out later to be the same river that Metberry leads to. But it stopped short of the river. I would have liked to climb that rock. Looks good.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't give to much notice either, but I wasn't sure if I was going to have to work or not. What were you working on anyway TT FJ CO?

When you got to the end here there was a river and some camp spots. They also said it was the same river that went by metberry. We came in on a little tougher trail then we took back out. the one going out was almost like a road not a trail being that it was so smooth. They also mentioned that at the end of 2009 thay came through with a bulldozer and got rid of the boulders on the trail, that's why that side is so smooth.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well... I was not quite satisfied with the height of my allpro fox coilover kit. So I decided to do something about it. I order the two inch rear spring spacers from daystar.
I started the install on those at 1pm thursday , and worked on it till 1am. Ran in into.. let's just say complications.
Went to work Friday morn at 6am, and got off at 1pm. Well now I was sleep deprived and began working again to get my front end up to three inches. As I started I thought what the hell I will take off the front sway bar and experiment with that. Let's just say taking that off was a beotch. Two hours later I am back to adjusting the coilovers. Passenger side was a walk in the park, driver side =). I could not get the driver side to turn. So I go rent a coil compressor does not fit the Fox shox. Well it was late now about 7pm and no chance of me getting done before sat and I was stuck so I gave up for the night. Next morning that thing off viced it, and using my floor jack handle as a cheat cranked the sh!t out of it.
Now I am good to go, and ready to test the new set up! :rocker:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand, when I installed my lift it ended up taking two weekends and the first attempt failed and had to reinstall the old struts so i could get to work. It's no fun when it doesn't work out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ya now it is up to four inches in the rear and three up front. The no front sway bar is a little interesting to drive with.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have had mine off for about 9 months now and barely notice it anymore. It feels like it makes a difference on the trail and I got tired of taking it on and off, so it sits in the garage. I guess I am lucky if I got three inches in the back with my lift, or maybe I am just used to it so it doesn't seem so big anymore.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just got my FJ last night, but I'm up for next time!

I've done China Wall a few times in my Durango, and like to sometimes camp with my popup at the base of that trail. Some good free campsites out there in the trees!

- Hakrjak

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweet, congradulations on the new buy. I have never camped up there but I did see a few spots that I am going to try this year. Next time sounds good.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm in a camping club, and that spot has been very popular for us. We've also camped at the bottom of China Wall by the river, and that was cool too!

The bottom of the hill before you head up is nice though because if you want to go camping after work on a Friday or whatever, you can get in and to a spot before it gets dark. Also people without a 4x4 can meet you there.

- Hakrjak

1 - 18 of 18 Posts